Zone Alarm "No privacy" - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Zone Alarm "No privacy" - Firewalls ; From ZA support recently "Thank you for your inquiry. Please Disable the privacy settings and see if they work correctly on that page. With Windows XP installed we recommend that you disable the privacy settings completely." And when I asked ...

  1. Zone Alarm "No privacy"

    From ZA support recently
    "Thank you for your inquiry. Please Disable the privacy settings and
    see if
    they work correctly on that page. With Windows XP installed we
    recommend
    that you disable the privacy settings completely."

    And when I asked for confirmation
    "Thank you for your response. These settings are left over from
    windows
    98/ME programs and cause more of a problem with XP then they can be
    useful. Since the same settings are built into your operating system
    please
    leave them disabled. The firewall and other features of ZA are what
    actually provides you the protection. I apologize for the confusion."

    Thoughts anyone? I was not amused, ahving spent many a "happy time"
    trying to access sites.

    Be nice of them to be a bit clearer about all this.

  2. Re: Zone Alarm "No privacy"

    On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:09:05 +0800, OldNick
    wrote stuff
    and I replied:

    hmmm..lamish I guess.

  3. Re: Zone Alarm "No privacy"

    OldNick wrote:
    > From ZA support recently
    > "Thank you for your inquiry. Please Disable the privacy settings and
    > see if
    > they work correctly on that page. With Windows XP installed we
    > recommend
    > that you disable the privacy settings completely."
    >
    > And when I asked for confirmation
    > "Thank you for your response. These settings are left over from
    > windows
    > 98/ME programs and cause more of a problem with XP then they can be
    > useful. Since the same settings are built into your operating system
    > please
    > leave them disabled. The firewall and other features of ZA are what
    > actually provides you the protection. I apologize for the confusion."
    >
    > Thoughts anyone? I was not amused, ahving spent many a "happy time"
    > trying to access sites.
    >
    > Be nice of them to be a bit clearer about all this.

    Not sure if I would want to rely on Microsoft to block vbscript and Active-x

    Henry Hub

+ Reply to Thread