PCTools Firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on PCTools Firewall - Firewalls ; I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good exept for one odd thing. After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email access i fail to connect.If I then Disable the ...

  1. PCTools Firewall

    I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good
    exept for one odd thing.
    After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    access i fail to connect.If I then Disable the firewall Access to both
    is ok.
    I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    Can some kind Person give me some help on This.
    Thanks
    Pete

  2. Re: PCTools Firewall

    pete wrote:

    > I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good

    Who cares how it seems? What matters is what is actually does, and I'm
    afraid to tell you that it's totally broken and utterly useless.

    > exept for one odd thing.
    > After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    > access i fail to connect.

    Well, should be.

    > If I then Disable the firewall Access to both is ok.

    Ehm... if you can disable it, why did you install it in first place?

    > I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    > Can some kind Person give me some help on This.

    Trivial: uninstall it. Problem solved.

  3. Re: PCTools Firewall

    On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:44:31 +0200, "Sebastian G."
    wrote:

    >pete wrote:
    >
    >> I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good

    >Who cares how it seems? What matters is what is actually does, and I'm
    >afraid to tell you that it's totally broken and utterly useless.
    >
    >> exept for one odd thing.
    >> After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    >> access i fail to connect.

    >Well, should be.
    >
    > > If I then Disable the firewall Access to both is ok.

    >Ehm... if you can disable it, why did you install it in first place?
    >
    >> I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    >> Can some kind Person give me some help on This.

    >Trivial: uninstall it. Problem solved.

    Thanks for the absolute rubbish you have given in your reply

  4. Re: PCTools Firewall

    pete wrote:

    > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:44:31 +0200, "Sebastian G."
    > wrote:
    >
    >> pete wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good

    >> Who cares how it seems? What matters is what is actually does, and I'm
    >> afraid to tell you that it's totally broken and utterly useless.
    >>
    >>> exept for one odd thing.
    >>> After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    >>> access i fail to connect.

    >> Well, should be.
    >>
    >>> If I then Disable the firewall Access to both is ok.

    >> Ehm... if you can disable it, why did you install it in first place?
    >>
    >>> I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    >>> Can some kind Person give me some help on This.

    >> Trivial: uninstall it. Problem solved.

    > Thanks for the absolute rubbish you have given in your reply

    Can you point where this actually very reasonable subjections and suggestion
    should be rubbish? If you would carefully consider every detail, you'd come
    to the same conclusion.

  5. Re: PCTools Firewall

    pete wrote:
    Subject: PCTools Firewall
    > I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good
    > exept for one odd thing.

    Put the proper content for your question into the body of your message,
    not just the subject, so as to provide context for the replies. The
    replies are not going to be found in the subject, but in the body. Your
    message body does not mention the PCTools firewall
    http://www.pctools.com/firewall/ Easy-to-use, free software utility -
    Vista 32-bit, XP, 2000 and Server 2003.

    > After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    > access i fail to connect.If I then Disable the firewall Access to both
    > is ok.

    There are no docs available at the pctools site, the only access to
    instructions as to how to properly configure your application will be
    found after the install of fwinstall.exe from the pctools site.

    > I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    > Can some kind Person give me some help on This.

    Only someone with the s/w installed would have access to the
    configuration information, as far as I know.

    A review sez "The default settings of the firewall will prevent several
    common attacks while allowing normal internet traffic. You can create
    your own rules using protocol, port and IP address - however it requires
    some experience with TCP/IP configuration, as no documentation is
    provided. The integrated software filtering engine will prompt you each
    time an unknown software is trying to connect to the Internet, giving
    you the option to block or allow current and future activities by the
    same program."

    Search on 'pctools firewall configure' no quotes

    --
    Mike Easter

  6. Re: PCTools Firewall

    On Apr 22, 2:44 pm, "Sebastian G." wrote:
    > pete wrote:
    > > I have just installed and set up this firewall and it seems very good

    > Who cares how it seems? What matters is what is actually does, and I'm
    > afraid to tell you that it's totally broken and utterly useless.
    >
    > > exept for one odd thing.
    > > After booting the machine and trying to get Internet access or email
    > > access i fail to connect.

    > Well, should be.
    >
    > > If I then Disable the firewall Access to both is ok.

    > Ehm... if you can disable it, why did you install it in first place?
    >
    > > I then enable the firewall and Access to Internet and Email IS OK.
    > > Can some kind Person give me some help on This.

    > Trivial: uninstall it. Problem solved.

    even i tried this one but it deleted all my .exe file.
    this is ridiculus very bad exp

+ Reply to Thread