Audit Nokia firewall rules - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Audit Nokia firewall rules - Firewalls ; Hello All, I would like to audit the firewall rules of a Nokia (Checkpoint) Firewall Ideally I would like to export the rulebase into a file format for which I don't need the FW1 GUI - comma delimited would be ...

  1. Audit Nokia firewall rules

    Hello All,

    I would like to audit the firewall rules of a Nokia (Checkpoint)
    Firewall

    Ideally I would like to export the rulebase into a file format for
    which I don't need the FW1 GUI - comma delimited would be fine. I want
    to take this stuff away to audit so I won't have access to the GUI

    The export should either convert the shortcut names (addresses/ ports)
    to their numbers or I will need to export tables of those as well.

    Or maybe there is a command line option for viewing the rules and
    group tables and I can grab the ascii output that is displayed

    Any ieas?

    Note: the implementations aren't particularly complex, no more than
    100 rules each

    I don't need to change the rules or import them back or anything like
    that - can I make sense of the raw config files do you think (do you
    know which ones I need?)

  2. Re: Audit Nokia firewall rules

    On Apr 20, 5:57 pm, brightwell_...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I would like to audit the firewall rules of a Nokia (Checkpoint)
    > Firewall

    Free ones:
    cpdb2web
    http://www.wyae.de/software/fwdoc/
    http://www.wormnet.nl/cprules/

    Or get a license for:
    http://checkpoint.com/products/smart...artportal.html

    And I'm sure there are many more tools out there.

    Br.
    Robby

+ Reply to Thread