5GT to PIX 515E vpn - Firewalls

This is a discussion on 5GT to PIX 515E vpn - Firewalls ; Can anybody offer instructions, gotchas, or links for setting up a VPN from a Netscreen 5GT to a PIX 515E? Much thanx, -Tony...

  1. 5GT to PIX 515E vpn

    Can anybody offer instructions, gotchas, or links for setting up a VPN
    from a Netscreen 5GT to a PIX 515E?

    Much thanx,

    -Tony

  2. Re: 5GT to PIX 515E vpn

    Anthony J. Biacco wrote:

    > Can anybody offer instructions, gotchas, or links for setting up a VPN
    > from a Netscreen 5GT to a PIX 515E?

    Both devices offer IPSEC and documentation for both devices does exist, did
    you try to read it?

    If yes, and you still have problems, please specify them.

    Wolfgang

  3. Re: 5GT to PIX 515E vpn

    Sorry, I don't have both devices yet, just the PIX. Don't feel like
    buying the 5GT and then finding out, hey, even though they follow a
    'standard', there's a gotcha, that's all.
    IMHO, documentation tells you how things should work given planets are
    all aligned, etc.., not how they really work.

    -Tony

  4. Re: 5GT to PIX 515E vpn

    Anthony J. Biacco wrote:

    > Sorry, I don't have both devices yet, just the PIX. Don't feel like
    > buying the 5GT and then finding out, hey, even though they follow a
    > 'standard', there's a gotcha, that's all.
    > IMHO, documentation tells you how things should work given planets are
    > all aligned, etc.., not how they really work.

    RTFMs

    .... enough said.

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread