Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra - Firewalls ; Hi all, I have some problems to connect on my Check Point Connectra with Windows Vista. The Windows Vista doesn't permit install the ActiveX Control I did the procedure bellow but doesn't work. In Windows Vista: 1. Log on to ...

  1. Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra

    Hi all,

    I have some problems to connect on my Check Point Connectra with
    Windows Vista.
    The Windows Vista doesn't permit install the ActiveX Control I did the
    procedure bellow but doesn't work.

    In Windows Vista:

    1. Log on to Windows with administrative privileges.

    2. Click 'Start' > 'Run'.

    3. Type secpol.msc in the command line.

    4. Expand 'Local Policies'.

    5. Click 'Security Options'.

    6. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Behavior of the
    elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval mode' and set it
    to 'Elevate without prompting'.

    7. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Run all
    administrators in Admin Approval Mode' and set it to "Enabled".

    8. Install the desired ActiveX control resource.

    9. Log off and use the resource as a standard user.

    10. Once you have finished installing and using the ActiveX
    resource, to avoid security risks in the future, go back to secpol.msc
    and restore the default settings.

    I get this procedure on the Check Point website.
    If someone have any ideia please let me know.

    Regards,

    Daniel

  2. Re: Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra

    Daniel wrote:

    > [elevate to install ActiveX control]

    > I get this procedure on the Check Point website.
    > If someone have any ideia please let me know.

    Simple: Stop doing this bull**** and adhere to LUA. You don't need admin
    rights to install ActiveX controls. Just take RegSrvEx to redirect the COM+
    Control Registration to HKCU\Sw\Classes, or use RegCap to capture the entire
    set of CLSID entries (and then import them manually to HKCU).

  3. Re: Windows Vista and Check Point Connectra

    I had to do that procedure a couple of times before it started working, but

    Unless I right-click run IE as an admin, the ICS scan does not work.

    And even running as an admin does not allow the SSL Network Extender to
    work. It looks like it's working because you get an Office Mode IP and
    everything, but no traffic flows down it.

    I opened a support case with Check Point and they replied that Connectra NGX
    R62 definitely is NOT supported on Vista.

    I guess we have to wait for an update.

    Ray

    "Daniel" wrote in message
    news:1176756368.736660.182810@o5g2000hsb.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have some problems to connect on my Check Point Connectra with
    > Windows Vista.
    > The Windows Vista doesn't permit install the ActiveX Control I did the
    > procedure bellow but doesn't work.
    >
    > In Windows Vista:
    >
    > 1. Log on to Windows with administrative privileges.
    >

    > 2. Click 'Start' > 'Run'.
    >

    > 3. Type secpol.msc in the command line.
    >

    > 4. Expand 'Local Policies'.
    >

    > 5. Click 'Security Options'.
    >

    > 6. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Behavior of the
    > elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval mode' and set it
    > to 'Elevate without prompting'.
    >

    > 7. Double-click the policy 'User Account Control: Run all
    > administrators in Admin Approval Mode' and set it to "Enabled".
    >

    > 8. Install the desired ActiveX control resource.
    >

    > 9. Log off and use the resource as a standard user.
    >

    > 10. Once you have finished installing and using the ActiveX
    > resource, to avoid security risks in the future, go back to secpol.msc
    > and restore the default settings.
    >
    > I get this procedure on the Check Point website.
    > If someone have any ideia please let me know.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Daniel

+ Reply to Thread