About Smoothwall Express - Firewalls

This is a discussion on About Smoothwall Express - Firewalls ; Hi, i ask you if you have some real expereince to using smoothwall in a medium/big company. I want to use this products for my customers but i am not sure regarding the affidability. I suppose that it works fine ...

  1. About Smoothwall Express

    Hi,
    i ask you if you have some real expereince to using smoothwall in a
    medium/big company.
    I want to use this products for my customers but i am not sure regarding the
    affidability.
    I suppose that it works fine and for home user o small netwark it can be the
    best solution, but i don't know if it is a good idea to use in a company
    whit oround 100 employes.
    And also using the the basic product (without mods o custom plugin) seems
    not well regular updated. The last fix9 was released a lot of months ago.
    In the basic configuration i don't see the nothing to update IDS Snort or
    Squid.

    Thanks in advance for your experience and point of view!

    Regards

  2. Re: About Smoothwall Express

    djx wrote:
    > Hi,
    > i ask you if you have some real expereince to using smoothwall in a
    > medium/big company.

    Is IBM big enough?

    This may be of interest - _Shorewall_ on an IBM Mainframe:

    http://marc.info/?l=leaf-user&m=117586226723999&w=2

    Leaf is an iptables set-up configured with Tom Eastep's excellent
    Shorewall - and importantly there's first-class support on the Bering
    Leaf mailing list.

    Jim Ford

+ Reply to Thread