Linksys BEFSR41 / RV082 VPN Connection - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Linksys BEFSR41 / RV082 VPN Connection - Firewalls ; My company recently installed a Linksys RV082 to allow VPN connections into work. At home, I have a Linksys BEFSR41 3.1 router with firmware version 1.05. I cannot connect in to work if I connect in through the BEFS router ...

  1. Linksys BEFSR41 / RV082 VPN Connection

    My company recently installed a Linksys RV082 to allow VPN
    connections
    into work. At home, I have a Linksys BEFSR41 3.1 router with
    firmware
    version 1.05. I cannot connect in to work if I connect in through
    the BEFS
    router (either wirelessly or hardwired). But, if I hardwire directly
    into the cable modem, I am able to connect. So it seems as if there
    is something on the BEFSR41 that needs to be configured so that it
    will allow the communication to occur. I've researched endlessly,
    but
    haven't been able to find anything that works. My laptop is running
    Win-XP Pro. Thank you in advance.

  2. Re: Linksys BEFSR41 / RV082 VPN Connection

    If there is a VPN page, then chk the "allow pass through" option , If
    not then maybe an update ?

    Have you searched Linksys knowledgebase for your model and VPN ?

    pjm_pjm62@msn.com wrote:
    > My company recently installed a Linksys RV082 to allow VPN
    > connections
    > into work. At home, I have a Linksys BEFSR41 3.1 router with
    > firmware
    > version 1.05. I cannot connect in to work if I connect in through
    > the BEFS
    > router (either wirelessly or hardwired). But, if I hardwire directly
    > into the cable modem, I am able to connect. So it seems as if there
    > is something on the BEFSR41 that needs to be configured so that it
    > will allow the communication to occur. I've researched endlessly,
    > but
    > haven't been able to find anything that works. My laptop is running
    > Win-XP Pro. Thank you in advance.

+ Reply to Thread