Can't see very simple HTML pages with Norton Internet Security!!!!! - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Can't see very simple HTML pages with Norton Internet Security!!!!! - Firewalls ; Onideus Mad Hatter wrote: > On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:35:26 -0600, ray wrote: > >>>>> There are plenty of good reasons why I WOULD recommend Linux for some >>>>> types of users; but casual users or inexperienced user... Linux ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 48 of 48

  1. Re: Can't see very simple HTML pages with Norton Internet Security!!!!!

    Onideus Mad Hatter wrote:

    >>> Nope. Not most ADSL ones. They're generally USB connected. At least hear
    >>> in the UK.

    Diaperboi can't you for once pretend to be hetero?

  2. Re: Can't see very simple HTML pages with Norton Internet Security!!!!!

    On Apr 3, 7:42 pm, photoguy_...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Norton! What a pain in the butt!!!
    >
    > I've just spent a few days trying to do something really simple, and
    > I'm furious!!!!
    >
    > I took some pictures on the weekend, and downloaded Web Picture
    > Creator 1.8.
    > Let's put them on my new domain I thought. Yeah right.
    >
    > Web Picture Creator 1.8 worked easily enough. After I cleared out
    > some space.
    > (turned that my hard drive was bad, and that wasted enough hours!)
    >
    > Then I uploaded everything to my domain. The web page loaded.
    > But I can't see the pictures.
    >
    > I call the ISP. They can see the pictures. Hmm!
    >
    > The Norton logs say:
    >
    > Content Blocked:
    >
    > Date Time: 4/3/2007 2:38:55 PM
    > User:
    > Action: Blocked
    > Type: Ad
    > URL:http://www.?domain?.com/?directory?/index.html
    > Data: IMG src="thumbnails/thumb_DSC_0973.JPG" (Reason: width=120
    > height=80)
    >
    > I call Norton and finally get someone in India.
    >
    > Turn off ad blocking, and popup blocking. It works.
    > So, Norton is the culprit.
    >
    > Norton Internet Security
    > Status and settings,
    > Privacy control
    > Configure
    > Ad blocking
    >
    > Spend about 2 hours with Norton on the phone.
    > The guy's solution: reinstall!
    >
    > I say No way. Send the expert.
    >
    > Eventually get a call back later from Symantec. The brains this
    > time.
    >
    > We install TeamView. From:http://www.dyngate.com/licensing/
    > It allows him to see my machine.
    >
    > He checks the webpage at:
    >
    > http://validator.w3.org/
    >
    > Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an
    > SGML parser.
    >
    > Error Line 15 column 162: required attribute "ALT" not specified.
    > ...DSC_0961.JPG" width="120" height="80">
    The attribute