Is there really a free fast web proxy server out there or not? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Is there really a free fast web proxy server out there or not? - Firewalls ; Is there really (I mean really) a free fast proxy server out there or not? When I read up on 'theoretical' proxy servers at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server and http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/P...ree/CGI_Proxy/ I find lots of good supposed freeware such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privoxy and others. But, ...

  1. Is there really a free fast web proxy server out there or not?

    Is there really (I mean really) a free fast proxy server out there or not?

    When I read up on 'theoretical' proxy servers at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
    and
    http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/P...ree/CGI_Proxy/

    I find lots of good supposed freeware such as
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privoxy and others.

    But, as I go to each and every one of the proxy freeware, I find they are
    way too SLOW unless you PAY (compared to dsl speeds without the proxy
    server). I'm not expecting the same speed but it has to be reasonable which
    it isn't on the three or four I tried.

    So, should I just give up on a free fast freeware web proxy server.
    Or does a fast (reasonably) freeware web proxy server actually exist that
    isn't just trying to lure you into their pay site which actually has the
    goods?

    Does a freeware fast web proxy server actually exist or not?

    --
    Best -- Donna Richoux

  2. Re: Is there really a free fast web proxy server out there or not?

    Dunno I use www.myproxy.ca

  3. Re: Is there really a free fast web proxy server out there or not?

    try this proxy

    http://www.sneakygroup.com

    there are plenty more, just search for "proxy" at google groups

    or join mine at http://groups.google.com/group/sneakygroup

    daily update of fresh sites

    On Mar 12, 10:36 am, Donna Richoux wrote:
    > Is there really (I mean really) a free fastproxyserver out there or not?
    >
    > When I read up on 'theoretical'proxyservers athttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server
    > andhttp://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Proxying_and_Filtering/Hosted_Prox...
    >
    > I find lots of good supposed freeware such ashttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privoxyand others.
    >
    > But, as I go to each and every one of theproxyfreeware, I find they are
    > way too SLOW unless you PAY (compared to dsl speeds without theproxy
    > server). I'm not expecting the same speed but it has to be reasonable which
    > it isn't on the three or four I tried.
    >
    > So, should I just give up on a free fast freeware webproxyserver.
    > Or does a fast (reasonably) freeware webproxyserver actually exist that
    > isn't just trying to lure you into their pay site which actually has the
    > goods?
    >
    > Does a freeware fast webproxyserver actually exist or not?
    >
    > --
    > Best -- Donna Richoux

+ Reply to Thread