NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off??? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off??? - Firewalls ; Hello, First off, I know enough about computers to get some basics done but I am not a guru, so please forgive me if this is a 'newbie' style question. I put together a PC with ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe m/b ...

  1. NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off???

    Hello,

    First off, I know enough about computers to get some basics done but I am
    not a guru, so please forgive me if this is a 'newbie' style question.

    I put together a PC with ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe m/b which has an Nvidia
    ActiveArmor firewall. I am using WinXP Pro SP2. I am having some problems
    with the internet and I want to try disabling the various firewalls to see
    what happens.

    The problem is, I cannot seem to get to any menu to shut off the NVIDIA
    ActiveArmor firewall. In the Start->All Programs->NVIDIA
    Corporation->Network Access Manager it has three options: Admin Guide,
    Comand Line Interface, and Web-based guide. There is nothing mentioned
    about the ActiveArmor Firewall settings in any of these. However, in my
    Security Center, it says ActiveArmor is "ON". In the NVIDIA ActiveArmor
    administrators guide, it says to go to a Firewall menu, but there isn't one
    that I could find anywhere.

    Sorry if this is a daft question but I am frustrated with the situation. If
    anyone knows what I would need to do to turn off ActiveArmor, please let me
    know.

    DF

  2. Re: NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off???

    The only way to get rid of Active Armor is to unistall it from
    Add/Remove Apllication panel. I had a motherboard with that chip once
    and maybe Armor can also be disabled from the BIOS.

    Bye.

    David Forsyth ha scritto:
    > Hello,
    >
    > First off, I know enough about computers to get some basics done but I am
    > not a guru, so please forgive me if this is a 'newbie' style question.
    >
    > I put together a PC with ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe m/b which has an Nvidia
    > ActiveArmor firewall. I am using WinXP Pro SP2. I am having some problems
    > with the internet and I want to try disabling the various firewalls to see
    > what happens.
    >
    > The problem is, I cannot seem to get to any menu to shut off the NVIDIA
    > ActiveArmor firewall. In the Start->All Programs->NVIDIA
    > Corporation->Network Access Manager it has three options: Admin Guide,
    > Comand Line Interface, and Web-based guide. There is nothing mentioned
    > about the ActiveArmor Firewall settings in any of these. However, in my
    > Security Center, it says ActiveArmor is "ON". In the NVIDIA ActiveArmor
    > administrators guide, it says to go to a Firewall menu, but there isn't one
    > that I could find anywhere.
    >
    > Sorry if this is a daft question but I am frustrated with the situation. If
    > anyone knows what I would need to do to turn off ActiveArmor, please let me
    > know.
    >
    > DF

  3. Re: NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off???

    Hello Michele,

    Thanks for the info - I looked at the add/remove software and I saw
    something called "NVIDIA Forceware Network Access Manager". Is this the one
    that needs to be removed completely (it's a large file but Windows says it
    is used "rarely")?

    thanks,

    Dave

    "Michele" wrote in message
    news:45e29649$0$17941$4fafbaef@reader1.news.tin.it ...
    > The only way to get rid of Active Armor is to unistall it from Add/Remove
    > Apllication panel. I had a motherboard with that chip once and maybe Armor
    > can also be disabled from the BIOS.
    >
    > Bye.
    >
    > David Forsyth ha scritto:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> First off, I know enough about computers to get some basics done but I
    >> am not a guru, so please forgive me if this is a 'newbie' style question.
    >>
    >> I put together a PC with ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe m/b which has an Nvidia
    >> ActiveArmor firewall. I am using WinXP Pro SP2. I am having some
    >> problems with the internet and I want to try disabling the various
    >> firewalls to see what happens.
    >>
    >> The problem is, I cannot seem to get to any menu to shut off the NVIDIA
    >> ActiveArmor firewall. In the Start->All Programs->NVIDIA
    >> Corporation->Network Access Manager it has three options: Admin Guide,
    >> Comand Line Interface, and Web-based guide. There is nothing mentioned
    >> about the ActiveArmor Firewall settings in any of these. However, in my
    >> Security Center, it says ActiveArmor is "ON". In the NVIDIA ActiveArmor
    >> administrators guide, it says to go to a Firewall menu, but there isn't
    >> one that I could find anywhere.
    >>
    >> Sorry if this is a daft question but I am frustrated with the situation.
    >> If anyone knows what I would need to do to turn off ActiveArmor, please
    >> let me know.
    >>
    >> DF

  4. Re: NVIDIA ActiveArmor: How to turn it off???

    Yes, it should be that. Sorry but I can't remember it clearly.
    Once you unistalled it, reboot your system and try searching your bios
    mený for Nvidia or something like that.

    Let me know.

    Bye.

    David Forsyth ha scritto:
    > Hello Michele,
    >
    > Thanks for the info - I looked at the add/remove software and I saw
    > something called "NVIDIA Forceware Network Access Manager". Is this the one
    > that needs to be removed completely (it's a large file but Windows says it
    > is used "rarely")?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Dave

+ Reply to Thread