Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load - Firewalls ; I have been using Zone Alarm (the free version) for years and am generally very happy with it. However, recent versions seem to have taken an increasingly long time to load. Indeed the very latest version 7.0.302.000 - a huge ...

  1. Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load

    I have been using Zone Alarm (the free version) for years and am generally
    very happy with it.

    However, recent versions seem to have taken an increasingly long time to
    load. Indeed the very latest version 7.0.302.000 - a huge download compared
    with previous ones - seems to have added yet another 15-30 seconds to my
    computer's boot time.

    Can anyone please recommend another freeware firewall which provides just as
    good protection and yet won't slow things up so much?

    Thanks,

  2. Re: Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load

    Victor Delta wrote:

    > Can anyone please recommend another freeware firewall which provides just as
    > good protection and yet won't slow things up so much?

    I switched to Comodo. Works OK and give more detail control than ZA.
    --
    Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605

  3. Re: Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load

    You should try NIS 2007, it's added 3 minutes to my boot time... Time for a
    change!

    "Victor Delta" wrote in message
    >I have been using Zone Alarm (the free version) for years and am generally
    >very happy with it.
    >
    > However, recent versions seem to have taken an increasingly long time to
    > load. Indeed the very latest version 7.0.302.000 - a huge download
    > compared with previous ones - seems to have added yet another 15-30
    > seconds to my computer's boot time.
    >
    > Can anyone please recommend another freeware firewall which provides just
    > as good protection and yet won't slow things up so much?
    >
    > Thanks,

  4. Re: Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load

    "Victor Delta" wrote:

    >I have been using Zone Alarm (the free version) for years and am generally
    >very happy with it.

    >Can anyone please recommend another freeware firewall which provides just as
    >good protection and yet won't slow things up so much?

    I too have switched to Comodo (free) their webpage can be found at

    http://www.comodo.com/

    Peter

    Posting from Peter Rogers

    Replace NOSPAM with ntlworld to reply

  5. Re: Zone Alarm - new vesrion takes a long time to load

    "Peter Rogers" wrote in message
    > I too have switched to Comodo (free) their webpage can be found at
    >
    > http://www.comodo.com/

    Thanks for the helpful responses. I have joined the Comodo club, of which I
    have seen good reports elsewhere as well, and so far all seems to be going
    well and with some performance improvement too :-)