outpost firewall blocking http requests for no reason and without logging? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on outpost firewall blocking http requests for no reason and without logging? - Firewalls ; Hi. I am developing a site on local computer that is running outpost firewall The page that is pulled from http://localhost in firefox or IE (running locally too) has images embedded in it; Images are pulled from another "web server" ...

  1. outpost firewall blocking http requests for no reason and without logging?

    Hi. I am developing a site on local computer that is running outpost
    firewall
    The page that is pulled from http://localhost in firefox or IE
    (running locally too) has images embedded in it; Images are pulled
    from another "web server" running locally on port 8000 (it's java app
    from onlineindicators.com, it runs w/ java Vm and acts as a tiny web
    server).

    When outpost firewall is running (allow most mode, all plugins
    removed), images do not load in a random fashion - e.g. if you refresh
    the page in either IE or Firefox some images appear and some show as
    unavailable, and with repeated refreshes different images are
    unavailable.
    No new blocking entries appear in Outpost logs.

    As soon as you shut the firewall down images show up without any
    problems.

    Is there any way to fix this?

  2. Re: outpost firewall blocking http requests for no reason and withoutlogging?

    Sergei Shelukhin wrote:
    > Hi. I am developing a site on local computer that is running outpost
    > firewall
    > The page that is pulled from http://localhost in firefox or IE
    > (running locally too) has images embedded in it; Images are pulled
    > from another "web server" running locally on port 8000 (it's java app
    > from onlineindicators.com, it runs w/ java Vm and acts as a tiny web
    > server).
    >
    > When outpost firewall is running (allow most mode, all plugins
    > removed), images do not load in a random fashion - e.g. if you refresh
    > the page in either IE or Firefox some images appear and some show as
    > unavailable, and with repeated refreshes different images are
    > unavailable.
    > No new blocking entries appear in Outpost logs.
    >
    > As soon as you shut the firewall down images show up without any
    > problems.
    >
    > Is there any way to fix this?

    You're setting there doing some kind of Web development with Outpost
    sitting there on a machine, then what can be said.

    If you're behind a NAT router, FW router or FW appliance, which you
    should be doing with any machine hosting a WEB server, then Outpost is
    not needed, disable it or get rid of it in the Web development work.

    It's plain and simple.

  3. Re: outpost firewall blocking http requests for no reason and without logging?

    > You're setting there doing some kind of Web development with Outpost
    > sitting there on a machine, then what can be said.
    >
    > If you're behind a NAT router, FW router or FW appliance, which you
    > should be doing with any machine hosting a WEB server, then Outpost is
    > not needed, disable it or get rid of it in the Web development work.

    I'm on my home computer so no external FW is available... is there any
    way to fix outpost?

+ Reply to Thread