firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover - Firewalls

This is a discussion on firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover - Firewalls ; Hi, is there a way to recover username and password of this appliance? I wouldn't reset the box because I will loose all the configuration, but the final customer doesn't remember username and password and I have to make some ...

  1. firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover

    Hi, is there a way to recover username and password of this appliance?
    I wouldn't reset the box because I will loose all the configuration, but the
    final customer doesn't remember username and password and I have to make
    some modify to the configuration.
    I remembet that in zyxel products you could access to a text base
    configuration connetting to serial port of the firewall.
    Is it possible also with thi symantec appliance? With zywall if you connect
    via serial port you don't need password.
    thank you

    marco

  2. Re: firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover

    :. mrcmobile wrote:
    > Hi, is there a way to recover username and password of this appliance?
    > I wouldn't reset the box because I will loose all the configuration, but the
    > final customer doesn't remember username and password and I have to make
    > some modify to the configuration.

    You should smack the user up side the head.

    > I remembet that in zyxel products you could access to a text base
    > configuration connetting to serial port of the firewall.
    > Is it possible also with thi symantec appliance? With zywall if you connect
    > via serial port you don't need password.
    > thank you

    Hard reset to get user ID and password back to out of the box default
    settings and re-configure.

    And again, smack the user up side the head.

  3. Re: firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover

    > You should smack the user up side the head.
    >
    >> I remembet that in zyxel products you could access to a text base
    >> configuration connetting to serial port of the firewall.
    >> Is it possible also with thi symantec appliance? With zywall if you
    >> connect via serial port you don't need password.
    >> thank you
    >>

    > Hard reset to get user ID and password back to out of the box default
    > settings and re-configure.
    >
    > And again, smack the user up side the head.

    ...... really anything else? help!

    :-)

  4. Re: firewall symantec 320 security gateway password recover

    Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > :. mrcmobile wrote:
    >> Hi, is there a way to recover username and password of this appliance?
    >> I wouldn't reset the box because I will loose all the configuration, but
    >> the final customer doesn't remember username and password and I have to
    >> make some modify to the configuration.

    > You should smack the user up side the head.

    The professional way to handle such problems is to spend some more hours on
    the particular job and write a bigger bill.

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread