Web Application Firewalls / Reverse Proxies? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Web Application Firewalls / Reverse Proxies? - Firewalls ; I'm doing a quick survey of web application firewalls that implement a reverse proxy and have a lot of heuristics about web server attacks and inspect the HTTP traffic specifically for those attacks. I've found a few major commercial offerings, ...

  1. Web Application Firewalls / Reverse Proxies?

    I'm doing a quick survey of web application firewalls that implement a
    reverse proxy and have a lot of heuristics about web server attacks and
    inspect the HTTP traffic specifically for those attacks. I've found a few
    major commercial offerings, but all of those are major $$$, typically north
    of $10K.

    Are there any cheap commercial solutions for firewalling web servers that
    inspect the HTTP traffic for attacks?

    --
    Will

  2. Re: Web Application Firewalls / Reverse Proxies?

    On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 01:20:30 -0800, "Will"
    wrote:

    >I'm doing a quick survey of web application firewalls that implement a
    >reverse proxy and have a lot of heuristics about web server attacks and
    >inspect the HTTP traffic specifically for those attacks. I've found a few
    >major commercial offerings, but all of those are major $$$, typically north
    >of $10K.
    >
    >Are there any cheap commercial solutions for firewalling web servers that
    >inspect the HTTP traffic for attacks?

    Take a Spin at the Sidwinder G2 HTTP Proxy.
    Very grainular on HTTP URL Control, HTTP Request, HTTP Reply.

  3. Re: Web Application Firewalls / Reverse Proxies?

    You could probably build a SQUID reverse proxy for this. A little
    searching would probably even reveal some rule sets.

+ Reply to Thread