Nokia VPN210 - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Nokia VPN210 - Firewalls ; Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions: 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me that com2 is ...

  1. Nokia VPN210

    Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:

    1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but I
    don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me that
    com2 is busy.
    2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1 that
    he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on gateway2 whe
    he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel between sites, but
    how ?

    Please give hints what I may configure this,

    Thanks
    Best regards
    Thomas.

  2. Re: Nokia VPN210

    OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password ?
    I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters, I
    have 10 without %!@ etc.

    point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear
    for users.
    Help

    THANKS best regards

    Thomas

    Użytkownik "Tomasz K." napisał w wiadomości
    > Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:
    >
    > 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but
    > I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me that
    > com2 is busy.
    > 2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1 that
    > he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on gateway2
    > whe he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel between sites,
    > but how ?
    >
    > Please give hints what I may configure this,
    >
    > Thanks
    > Best regards
    > Thomas.

  3. Re: Nokia VPN210

    Thomas,
    A vpn210? Wow... that's an old box. I guess the newest CP release available
    for vpn210 was... 4.1SP6, and that box went end of sale 6 years & 9 days
    ago: https://support.nokia.com/home/stati...sSupported.htm

    To reset the admin password you need physical access to the box and boot
    it up in single user mode. The vpn210 used ipso 3.4 or lower. Please
    review these for details:
    http://www.securitydocs.com/pdf/422.PDF
    http://www.securitydocs.com/library/422

    The tunnel is defined in the Checkpoint FW-1 GUI, a client that will
    need to be installed on a client PC. You will however need to add the ip
    address of this pc in the $FWDIR/conf/gui-clients file and you also need
    the checkpoint credentials to be able to login and get access to it.

    Good luck!

    Lars

    Tomasz K. wrote:
    : OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password ?
    : I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters, I
    : have 10 without %!@ etc.

    : point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear
    : for users.
    : Help

    : THANKS best regards

    : Thomas

    : Użytkownik "Tomasz K." napisał w wiadomości
    : news:epctv4$5be$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    : > Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:
    : >

    --

  4. Re: Nokia VPN210

    OK, I change the administrator password.

    Please help me with site-to-site

    > OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password
    > ?
    > I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters,
    > I have 10 without %!@ etc.
    >
    > point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear
    > for users.
    > Help
    >
    > THANKS best regards
    >
    > Thomas
    >

    > Użytkownik "Tomasz K." napisał w wiadomości
    >> Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:
    >>
    >> 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but
    >> I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me
    >> that com2 is busy.
    >> 2. I've 2 sites with that Nokia, but I want when user log to gateway1
    >> that he may use resources on gateway2. In this day user must log on
    >> gateway2 whe he want use resources from site2. Something like tunnel
    >> between sites, but how ?
    >>
    >> Please give hints what I may configure this,
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Best regards
    >> Thomas.

  5. Re: Nokia VPN210

    Tomasz K. wrote:
    : OK, I change the administrator password.

    : Please help me with site-to-site

    Hi Thomas,
    Good you made it this far!

    There are several ways to do this and I think it would be useful for you
    to read some documentation on this topic:

    Check Point Getting Started Guide: http://www.checkpoint.com/support/te..._sp1/EntGS.pdf
    PKI Integration with VPN-1/FireWall-1 and SecuRemote: http://www.checkpoint.com/support/te...ration_1_4.pdf

    Your firewalls are however very old and can't run any new software
    versions, so you should *really* start planning to get replacements if
    you care about security.

    Good luck!

    Lars

    : Użytkownik "Tomasz K." napisał w wiadomości
    : news:epdb8g$nel$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
    : > OK, I log to my firewall via SSH, but I don't know how change the password
    : > ?
    : > I type clish, set admin passwd, but I have information about 8 haracters,
    : > I have 10 without %!@ etc.
    : >
    : > point 2 is actual, I don't know how setr the site-to-site VPN tunnel clear
    : > for users.
    : > Help
    : >
    : > THANKS best regards
    : >
    : > Thomas
    : >
    : >
    : > Użytkownik "Tomasz K." napisał w wiadomości
    : > news:epctv4$5be$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    : >> Hello, I'm new on this group, and I've two questions:
    : >>
    : >> 1. How may I change the administrator password - maybe though serial, but
    : >> I don't know how to connect via serial to VPN - HyperTerminal told me
    : >> that com2 is busy.