Traffic Sniffers/Reassemblers - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Traffic Sniffers/Reassemblers - Firewalls ; There are a variety of corporate network monitoring tools sold that reassemble SMTP inbaskets, HTTP browse lists, ftp traffic, and SMB file copying activity from raw packets sniffed on the network. Does anyone know of a review done of the ...

  1. Traffic Sniffers/Reassemblers

    There are a variety of corporate network monitoring tools sold that
    reassemble SMTP inbaskets, HTTP browse lists, ftp traffic, and SMB file
    copying activity from raw packets sniffed on the network. Does anyone
    know of a review done of the better quality products? I found a lot of
    hacker / home quality shareware but I am interested in evaluating the more
    serious commercial entries targeted at companies. I'm more concerned with
    features than traffic volumes.

    --
    Will

  2. Re: Traffic Sniffers/Reassemblers

    Hi Will,

    You may wish to investigate Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner
    Matrix by Technology:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-ios-s...e-partners.htm

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese