H/W Firewall-Router Recommendation - Firewalls

This is a discussion on H/W Firewall-Router Recommendation - Firewalls ; Subject says it all. With the current multitide of choices, what is a particularly good hardware unit for a fixed wireless broadband inet connection where security is of the principal concern? May have the need for 1 or 2 additional ...

  1. H/W Firewall-Router Recommendation

    Subject says it all. With the current multitide of choices, what is
    a particularly good hardware unit for a fixed wireless broadband inet
    connection where security is of the principal concern? May have the
    need for 1 or 2 additional computers tied in at a later date.
    --

    Monroe

  2. Re: H/W Firewall-Router Recommendation

    In article , minburn1
    @telus.net says...
    > Subject says it all. With the current multitide of choices, what is
    > a particularly good hardware unit for a fixed wireless broadband inet
    > connection where security is of the principal concern? May have the
    > need for 1 or 2 additional computers tied in at a later date.

    You didn't provide enough information.

    What are you protecting?

    A home or small office without a lot of money could go as cheap as a
    DFL-700 Appliance and add wireless AP units are needed. I don't like
    firewalls that include wireless in the appliance, your options are
    limited.

    If you get a firewall and then drop AP?s where needed you can upgrade
    your wireless solution without having to change the expensive firewall
    also.

    If money is not an object, I would purchase a WatchGuard firewall and
    then AP units.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me