NIDS - Firewalls

This is a discussion on NIDS - Firewalls ; Hi all !! I'm looking for network intrusion detection system to connect with iptables under RedHat 9.0 Any ideas ??!! Thx Loki...

  1. NIDS

    Hi all !!

    I'm looking for network intrusion detection system to connect with
    iptables under RedHat 9.0
    Any ideas ??!!

    Thx

    Loki

  2. Re: NIDS

    Loki wrote:
    > I'm looking for network intrusion detection system to connect with
    > iptables under RedHat 9.0

    Without investing any phantasy: snort?

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."

  3. Re: NIDS

    Loki wrote:

    > Hi all !!
    >
    > I'm looking for network intrusion detection system to connect with
    > iptables under RedHat 9.0
    > Any ideas ??!!

    The Usenet Intrusion Detection System detected that you are running a
    hopelessly outdated Linux distribution (RedHat 9.0). Update first, after
    that consider using snort.

    Wolfgang

+ Reply to Thread