zonealarm and svchost program - Firewalls

This is a discussion on zonealarm and svchost program - Firewalls ; I am using zonealarm on a pc. each time the pc startw the zonealarm comes with an message "generic host process want to access the internet." "the program has not asked before.." thats the strange part. Even if i am ...

  1. zonealarm and svchost program

    I am using zonealarm on a pc.
    each time the pc startw the zonealarm comes with an message "generic
    host process want to access the internet."

    "the program has not asked before.."

    thats the strange part.
    Even if i am saying yes and "remember", the next time it shows the
    same message.
    The "generic host process want to access the internet." is not saved
    in the "zonealarm program list" of program that has requested access.

    When examine the pc the rootkitrevealer - program shows some files
    from zonealarm showing differencies.

    Although I am using avg and spybot and spywareblaster and sometimes
    uses virus scanners from the web I have not found anything.

    Is this something I should take serious and any suggestions what to do
    ?

    Anders K

  2. Re: zonealarm and svchost program

    AndersK wrote:
    > I am using zonealarm on a pc.

    Sincere condolences.

    > each time the pc startw the zonealarm comes with an message "generic
    > host process want to access the internet."
    > "the program has not asked before.."
    > thats the strange part.

    Of this strange message. Better drop Zone Alarm and don't use software,
    which confuses you with senseless messages.

    If I would hack a malware today, perhaps I would use DCE RPC to
    communicate to the outside ;-) Nearly everybody in any "Personal
    Firewall" already has clicked on "allow forever" for the most annoying
    popups ;-)

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."

+ Reply to Thread