can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on - Firewalls

This is a discussion on can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on - Firewalls ; When I have converted internet access from Internet explorer to mozilla firefox I was able to access to internet without any problem. On that time I was using Mc Caffee security system. Later on ny computer the got virus, I ...

  1. can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    When I have converted internet access from Internet explorer to mozilla
    firefox I was able to access to internet without any problem. On that
    time I was using Mc Caffee security system.
    Later on ny computer the got virus, I cleaned up my hard drive with the
    help of HP people.
    This time I used norton disk for security; because I had the disk from
    them. Now I at not able to access to mozilla firefox web site.
    Accessing is possible only If I turn the security system off. I know
    this is not a healthy way of accessing internet.
    I had bought and downloaded Mc Caffee thru the Internet. During the
    cleaning up of my computer that program was also removed from the hard
    disk.When I sent email for the help they didn't give me any respond.
    I have "Norton Internet Security" and "Norton Goback" in the computer.
    One time I have removed the only "Norton internet security" and
    downloaded back. Still I have the same problem.
    I will appreciate very much If somebody helps me.

  2. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    frankbarton wrote:
    > Accessing is possible only If I turn the security system off.

    OK, GOTO 10.

    Flatten and rebuild. Forget "Norton InSecurity" or "McAfee InSecurity".
    Just set up a clean system. Keep the Windows-Firewall activated.

    Everything should work now. And: that's it.

    And if you want to have a virus scanner, try to get a lean one without
    all such stuff, which only is f*cking up your PC.

    Sorry, this is the only help I can give, because this is the only way
    you should go IMHO.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."

  3. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    Thank you for the responding my question.
    Now, how can I activate Windows-Firewall while my default web site is
    Mozilla Firefox.
    Thanks

    Volker Birk wrote:
    > frankbarton wrote:
    > > Accessing is possible only If I turn the security system off.

    > OK, GOTO 10.
    >
    > Flatten and rebuild. Forget "Norton InSecurity" or "McAfee InSecurity".
    > Just set up a clean system. Keep the Windows-Firewall activated.
    >
    > Everything should work now. And: that's it.
    >
    > And if you want to have a virus scanner, try to get a lean one without
    > all such stuff, which only is f*cking up your PC.
    >
    > Sorry, this is the only help I can give, because this is the only way
    > you should go IMHO.
    >
    > Yours,
    > VB.
    > --
    > "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    > to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."
    > Tina Lorenz

  4. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    frankbarton wrote:
    > Now, how can I activate Windows-Firewall while my default web site is
    > Mozilla Firefox.

    Windows-Firewall and your browser don't interfere.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."
    Tina Lorenz

  5. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    Could you please tell me step by step how to activate Windows-Firewall
    on my computer.
    Thanks,
    Frank

    On Jan 23, 1:59 am, Volker Birk wrote:
    > frankbarton wrote:
    > > Now, howcanI activate Windows-Firewall while my defaultwebsiteis
    > >MozillaFirefox.Windows-Firewall and your browser don't interfere.

    > Yours,
    > VB.
    > --
    > "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    > to propagate it, and it has very little (ifanything at all) to do with sex."
    > Tina Lorenz

  6. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    frankbarton wrote:
    > Could you please tell me step by step how to activate Windows-Firewall
    > on my computer.

    First: What operating system do you have?

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."
    Tina Lorenz

  7. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    Operating system on my computer is Windows XP, Service Pack 2.
    Thanks,
    Frank

    On Jan 24, 1:48 am, Volker Birk wrote:
    > frankbarton wrote:
    > > Could you please tell me step by step how to activate Windows-Firewall
    > > on my computer.First: What operating system do you have?

    > Yours,
    > VB.
    > --
    > "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    > to propagate it, and it has very little (ifanything at all) to do with sex."
    > Tina Lorenz

  8. Re: can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

    frankbarton wrote:
    > Operating system on my computer is Windows XP, Service Pack 2.

    Windows-Firewall should be activated by default. You can check this
    here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...nfirewall.mspx

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    "Pornography is an abstract phenomenon. It cannot exist without a medium
    to propagate it, and it has very little (if anything at all) to do with sex."
    Tina Lorenz

+ Reply to Thread