Cisco pix or Fortigate? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Cisco pix or Fortigate? - Firewalls ; what the better choice for small and medium companies? cisco or fortigate? Vadim www.royalnet.co.il...

  1. Cisco pix or Fortigate?

    what the better choice for small and medium companies?
    cisco or fortigate?

    Vadim
    www.royalnet.co.il

  2. Re: Cisco pix or Fortigate?

    In article <1169152550.294613.217600@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>,
    vadit wrote:
    >what the better choice for small and medium companies?
    >cisco or fortigate?

    For new installations, I would consider the Cisco ASA instead
    of the Cisco PIX, as the ASA series has more "anti-X" features.

    I do not have the knowledge to compare PIX or ASA to fortigate.

  3. Re: Cisco pix or Fortigate?

    Hi Vadim,

    You may wish to investigate the Competitive Lab Test:

    Fortinet FortiGate 1000

    vs.

    Cisco ASA 5520 Adaptive Security Appliance

    vs.

    Check Point VPN-1 Pro

    vs.

    Juniper Networks NetScreen-208

    http://www.bradreese.com/juniper-firewall-vs-cisco.pdf

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco vs. Competitor Lab Tests
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-vs-competitor.htm

  4. Re: Cisco pix or Fortigate?

    www.BradReese.Com wrote:
    : Hi Vadim,

    : You may wish to investigate the Competitive Lab Test:

    Is this test really neutral? To what degree can we rely on this test? In
    any test where one vendor scores 100% in all tested areas while the
    others score less than 50% makes me suspicious and unsure of how this
    test has roots in a real world scenario. Could ithave been sponsored by
    cisco and they have tested only those ares or with certain parameters
    that made the ASA stand out??

    I'm just asking....

    Lars

+ Reply to Thread