How to disable McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0 from command line? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on How to disable McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0 from command line? - Firewalls ; Hi, I need to deploy a patch to my users via the logon scipt (Windows XP clients) but would like to do this in the background and avoid the popup messages from the McAfee Desktop firewall to disturb the users. ...

  1. How to disable McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0 from command line?

    Hi,

    I need to deploy a patch to my users via the logon scipt (Windows XP
    clients) but would like to do this in the background and avoid the
    popup messages from the McAfee Desktop firewall to disturb the users.
    Is it possible to disable the firewall via the command line?

    Many thanks for your help

  2. Re: How to disable McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0 from command line?

    snulkit wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to deploy a patch to my users via the logon scipt (Windows XP
    > clients) but would like to do this in the background and avoid the
    > popup messages from the McAfee Desktop firewall to disturb the users.
    > Is it possible to disable the firewall via the command line?

    You're going to have to call McAfee as I don't think anyone coming to
    the NG using PFW's has got that kind of expertise with McAfee.

    However, base on what Windows O/S, like a NT based O/S, you should be
    able to stop the McAfee service remotely with a remote application, such
    as a Remote Desktop, which should shutdown its pop up messenging.

  3. Re: How to disable McAfee Desktop Firewall 8.0 from command line?

    "snulkit" wrote:

    > I need to deploy a patch to my users via the logon scipt (Windows XP
    > clients) but would like to do this in the background and avoid the
    > popup messages from the McAfee Desktop firewall to disturb the users.
    > Is it possible to disable the firewall via the command line?

    Why not simply add the appropriate rule for your script to the Firewall?

    Deploy the rule via ePO, problem solved.

    Juergen Nieveler
    --
    Never try to understand Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
    Relativity is like an erection, the more you think about it, the harder it

+ Reply to Thread