Need old BlackICE software - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Need old BlackICE software - Firewalls ; I would like to purchase from someone an older version of BlackICE Guard (network IDS/IPS) or even an old version of BlackICE Defender (desktop or server). I am looking for something around 1999, 2000, 2001 or even 2002 at the ...

  1. Need old BlackICE software

    I would like to purchase from someone an older version of BlackICE
    Guard (network IDS/IPS) or even an old version of BlackICE Defender
    (desktop or server). I am looking for something around 1999, 2000,
    2001 or even 2002 at the very latest. If anyone can help me, please
    post here or email me at dkarhu@gmail.com.

  2. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    The fosi site always used to have that ****e piece of **** on its' site.
    That program is a pig!

    dkarhu@gmail.com wrote:

    > I would like to purchase from someone an older version of BlackICE
    > Guard (network IDS/IPS) or even an old version of BlackICE Defender
    > (desktop or server). I am looking for something around 1999, 2000,
    > 2001 or even 2002 at the very latest. If anyone can help me, please
    > post here or email me at dkarhu@gmail.com.

  3. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Tony wrote:
    > The fosi site always used to have that ****e piece of **** on its' site.
    > That program is a pig!

    May we ask what are you using that's not considered a piece of **** and
    a pig, like the rest of the PFW(s), since you needed to get all
    personal, like a clown?

  4. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    You talk a lot like the guy on this web site. The men in the white coats took
    this guy to the mental asylum after he spoke to the FBI.
    http://www.grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm Note what the lunatic says about black
    ice defender. BlackICE Defender v2.5 ($39.95)

    I did not have a current copy of BlackICE Defender around, but I felt that
    this was an important test. So I laid out $39.95 through Network ICE's
    connection to the Digital River eCommerce retailer and purchased the latest
    version (v2.5) of BlackICE Defender hot off the Internet. I had already
    removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed
    BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with
    my packet sniffer running on an adjacent PC.

    As far as I could tell, BlackICE Defender had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER
    on the dialogs being held by the Zombies and Trojans running inside the poor
    "Sitting Duck" laptop. I knew that BlackICE Defender was a lame personal
    firewall, but this even surprised me.

    The Zombie/Bot happily connected without a hitch to its IRC chat server to
    await further instructions. The Sub7 Trojan sent off its eMail containing the
    machine's IP and the port where it was listening. Then it connected and logged
    itself into the Sub7 IRC server, repeating the disclosure of the machine's IP
    address and awaiting port number. No alerts were raised, nothing was flashing
    in the system tray. The Trojans were not hampered and I received no indication
    that anything wrong or dangerous was going on.

    I took a lot of grief after my LeakTest utility cut right through BlackICE
    Defender. Network ICE told everyone that LeakTest was "being allowed through"
    because it was a completely benign Trojan. I knew that was a load of bull (and
    they must have too), but it didn't really matter to me, and I had no
    affirmative means of proving otherwise.

    Well . . . I have that now, and so do you.

    I performed one final test: As I had with ZoneAlarm, I attempted to connect to
    the Sub7Server Trojan running inside the "Sitting Duck" machine on the IP and
    listening port number the Trojan was advertising all over the Internet . . .
    and it worked perfectly. I received Sub7's "PWD" prompt asking me to login.

    Anyone want an "only used once"
    copy of BlackICE Defender?

    I certainly have no use for it.

    To anyone who is still stubborn enough to insist that BlackICE Defender is
    actually good for something: PLEASE do not write to me. I don't want to hear
    it. I'm a scientist who will not find your mystic beliefs to be compelling. I
    respect your right to your own opinions, no matter how blatantly they fly in
    the face of logic and reality. That is, after all, the nature of faith. Happy
    computing. I suggest prayer.

  5. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    I think you need to change that line about packet sniffer to fart sniffer.

  6. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Tony wrote:
    > You talk a lot like the guy on this web site. The men in the white coats took
    > this guy to the mental asylum after he spoke to the FBI.
    > http://www.grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm Note what the lunatic says about black
    > ice defender. BlackICE Defender v2.5 ($39.95)

    Did I ask you about all this?

    > I did not have a current copy of BlackICE Defender around, but I felt that
    > this was an important test. So I laid out $39.95 through Network ICE's
    > connection to the Digital River eCommerce retailer and purchased the latest
    > version (v2.5) of BlackICE Defender hot off the Internet. I had already
    > removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed
    > BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with
    > my packet sniffer running on an adjacent PC.

    I ran the test too when I was into using BI's. It's doing no less than
    the rest of the pieces of crap PFW's with Application Control.

    > As far as I could tell, BlackICE Defender had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER
    > on the dialogs being held by the Zombies and Trojans running inside the poor
    > "Sitting Duck" laptop. I knew that BlackICE Defender was a lame personal
    > firewall, but this even surprised me.

    And neither does the other ones with the worthless App control in them
    as malware can circumvent and defeat every last one of them, if it hits
    the machine and is executed.

    > The Zombie/Bot happily connected without a hitch to its IRC chat server to
    > await further instructions. The Sub7 Trojan sent off its eMail containing the
    > machine's IP and the port where it was listening. Then it connected and logged
    > itself into the Sub7 IRC server, repeating the disclosure of the machine's IP
    > address and awaiting port number. No alerts were raised, nothing was flashing
    > in the system tray. The Trojans were not hampered and I received no indication
    > that anything wrong or dangerous was going on.
    >
    > I took a lot of grief after my LeakTest utility cut right through BlackICE
    > Defender. Network ICE told everyone that LeakTest was "being allowed through"
    > because it was a completely benign Trojan. I knew that was a load of bull (and
    > they must have too), but it didn't really matter to me, and I had no
    > affirmative means of proving otherwise.
    >
    > Well . . . I have that now, and so do you.

    If you think that Leaktest and some PFW with Application Control is some
    kind of savior, then what can I say? And the fact that you even bring up
    Leaktest and that damn Gibson, tells me just what you know, nothing.

    > I performed one final test: As I had with ZoneAlarm, I attempted to connect to
    > the Sub7Server Trojan running inside the "Sitting Duck" machine on the IP and
    > listening port number the Trojan was advertising all over the Internet . . .
    > and it worked perfectly. I received Sub7's "PWD" prompt asking me to login.

    Well, see if ZA can stop anything at system boot and logon, when the PFW
    has not been started first before the O/S can make a TCP/IP connection
    and the malware can start and get there before the PFW can be started,
    since any 3rd party PFW is NOT and integrated part of the O/S.

    Install Gator on that machine and set all the little rules with your PFW
    and see if it can stop Gator from calling home, at system boot and
    logon. You should install Active Ports (free), set its refresh rate to
    high, put a short-cut for AP in the Start folder and boot the machine
    and logon. You see if that PFW can get to the TCP/IP and stop Gator.

    > Anyone want an "only used once"
    > copy of BlackICE Defender?
    >
    > I certainly have no use for it.

    The bottom line is BI, ZA and the rest of that crap are not FW(s),
    period, just machine level packet filters that can be circumvented, and
    defeated easily.

    > To anyone who is still stubborn enough to insist that BlackICE Defender is
    > actually good for something: PLEASE do not write to me. I don't want to hear
    > it.

    > I'm a scientist who will not find your mystic beliefs to be compelling. I
    > respect your right to your own opinions, no matter how blatantly they fly in
    > the face of logic and reality. That is, after all, the nature of faith. Happy
    > computing. I suggest prayer.

    To anyone that thinks that a PFW is all that, like this person that's a
    scientist, not in IT as a profession, not in security as a profession,
    doesn't know anything, went to Leaktest mind you Leaktest and that
    *clown*, Gibson, well what can I say.

    Scientist, you're a dime a dozen and we've have seen your kind before.
    You you need to get on your scientist big wheel and go play in street
    traffic.

    Here you go scientist, learn about firewalls instead of popping off your
    mouth about a 3rd party personal packet filter and what you know, you
    don't know.

    http://www.vicomsoft.com/knowledge/r...irewalls1.html
    http://www.more.net/technical/netserv/tcpip/firewalls/

  7. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    dkarhu@gmail.com wrote:
    > I would like to purchase from someone an older version of BlackICE
    > Guard (network IDS/IPS) or even an old version of BlackICE Defender
    > (desktop or server). I am looking for something around 1999, 2000,
    > 2001 or even 2002 at the very latest. If anyone can help me, please
    > post here or email me at dkarhu@gmail.com.

    ok, we heard a couple productive answers (not),
    I am just wondering why you would want software that is 6 years old?

    I am assuming you want to test something.
    Or are you writing a paper, or are you building a software museum...

  8. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    You sound about as bright as the Arnold the pig from green acres. But more like Sam
    Drucker a country bumpkin who knows mostly about shoveling horse**** and hay.

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    > Tony wrote:
    > > You talk a lot like the guy on this web site. The men in the white coats took
    > > this guy to the mental asylum after he spoke to the FBI.
    > > http://www.grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm Note what the lunatic says about black
    > > ice defender. BlackICE Defender v2.5 ($39.95)

    > Did I ask you about all this?
    > >
    > > I did not have a current copy of BlackICE Defender around, but I felt that
    > > this was an important test. So I laid out $39.95 through Network ICE's
    > > connection to the Digital River eCommerce retailer and purchased the latest
    > > version (v2.5) of BlackICE Defender hot off the Internet. I had already
    > > removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed
    > > BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with
    > > my packet sniffer running on an adjacent PC.

  9. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    I believe you're right. Ok, i'll just change the sentence. I had already
    removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed
    BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with
    my fart sniffer running on an adjacent PC.

    Conner J wrote:

    > I think you need to change that line about packet sniffer to fart sniffer.

  10. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    In article <45949C64.352BF332@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    says...
    > You talk a lot like the guy on this web site. The men in the white coats took
    > this guy to the mental asylum after he spoke to the FBI.
    > http://www.grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm Note what the lunatic says about black
    > ice defender. BlackICE Defender v2.5 ($39.95) ?
    >
    > I did not have a current copy of BlackICE Defender around, but I felt that
    > this was an important test. So I laid out $39.95 through Network ICE's
    > connection to the Digital River eCommerce retailer and purchased the latest
    > version (v2.5) of BlackICE Defender hot off the Internet. I had already
    > removed all traces of ZoneAlarm and restarted the machine, so I installed
    > BlackICE Defender, let everything settle down, and restarted the machine with
    > my packet sniffer running on an adjacent PC.
    >
    > As far as I could tell, BlackICE Defender had ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER
    > on the dialogs being held by the Zombies and Trojans running inside the poor
    > "Sitting Duck" laptop. I knew that BlackICE Defender was a lame personal
    > firewall, but this even surprised me.
    >
    > The Zombie/Bot happily connected without a hitch to its IRC chat server to
    > await further instructions. The Sub7 Trojan sent off its eMail containing the
    > machine's IP and the port where it was listening. Then it connected and logged
    > itself into the Sub7 IRC server, repeating the disclosure of the machine's IP
    > address and awaiting port number. No alerts were raised, nothing was flashing
    > in the system tray. The Trojans were not hampered and I received no indication
    > that anything wrong or dangerous was going on.
    >
    > I took a lot of grief after my LeakTest utility cut right through BlackICE
    > Defender. Network ICE told everyone that LeakTest was "being allowed through"
    > because it was a completely benign Trojan. I knew that was a load of bull (and
    > they must have too), but it didn't really matter to me, and I had no
    > affirmative means of proving otherwise.
    >
    > Well . . . I have that now, and so do you.
    >
    > I performed one final test: As I had with ZoneAlarm, I attempted to connect to
    > the Sub7Server Trojan running inside the "Sitting Duck" machine on the IP and
    > listening port number the Trojan was advertising all over the Internet . . .
    > and it worked perfectly. I received Sub7's "PWD" prompt asking me to login.
    >
    > Anyone want an "only used once"
    > copy of BlackICE Defender?
    >
    > I certainly have no use for it.
    >
    > To anyone who is still stubborn enough to insist that BlackICE Defender is
    > actually good for something: PLEASE do not write to me. I don't want to hear
    > it. I'm a scientist who will not find your mystic beliefs to be compelling. I
    > respect your right to your own opinions, no matter how blatantly they fly in
    > the face of logic and reality. That is, after all, the nature of faith. Happy
    > computing. I suggest prayer.

    While im not a user of blackice
    Doesnt blackices application control feature recommend that it be
    virus/trojan free before application control is run though?.

    "For example, if you install BlackICE after a Trojan application has been
    installed on your machine, BlackICE assumes the application is known to
    you and does not block it from launching or contacting a network.

    Important: To get the full benefit of Application Protection, make sure
    your system is free of dangerous applications before installing BlackICE
    by scanning your system for viruses with an anti-virus program."

    https://iss.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iss...p.php?p_faqid=
    1112&p_created=1023938991
    &p_sid=YZkWSkqi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd
    D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTE2MyZwX3Byb2RzPSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY 9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3
    R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFy Y2hfdGV4dD1hcHBsaWNhdGl
    vbiBjb250cm9s&p_li=&p_topview=1

    me

  11. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Scientist Tony Tiger, that's soft logical for a fool on
    a tricycle with red wagon in tow, using App Control and calls himself a
    scientist.

    The only thing you can do scientifically for me scientist Tony Tiger is
    clean the s*ht off my shoes and spit shine them with your tongue,
    scientist.

    Scientifically, you should go get yourself hit in street traffic, little
    scientist Tony Tiger.

    Let us hear your roar scientist Tony Tiger, and then you can go play.

  12. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Speaking of a pig in **** you sure have the right name Arnold.

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    > Scientist Tony Tiger, that's soft logical for a fool on
    > a tricycle with red wagon in tow, using App Control and calls himself a
    > scientist.
    >
    > The only thing you can do scientifically for me scientist Tony Tiger is
    > clean the s*ht off my shoes and spit shine them with your tongue,
    > scientist.
    >
    > Scientifically, you should go get yourself hit in street traffic, little
    > scientist Tony Tiger.
    >
    > Let us hear your roar scientist Tony Tiger, and then you can go play.

  13. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Scientist Tony Tiger you need to stop smoking the chemicals in
    the basement, scientist.

  14. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    And the rest of the paranoid nitwits on this newsgroup have to stop
    looking over their shoulders every place they go. Firewall fever i wonder
    if it exists in the medical dictionary under phobias?

    "Mr. Arnold" wrote:

    > Scientist Tony Tiger you need to stop smoking the chemicals in
    > the basement, scientist.

  15. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Dumb ass scientist Tony Tiger wrote:
    > And the rest of the paranoid nitwits on this newsgroup have to stop
    > looking over their shoulders every place they go. Firewall fever i wonder
    > if it exists in the medical dictionary under phobias?

    Once again you dumb-ass home user/scientist, Tony Tiger, and brain cells
    out of balanced wet behind the ears fool, you're the one that seems to
    have looked over both your shoulders with pop-up messages from a PFW or
    personal packet filter, under both arm pits.

    A PFW or packet filter is not a firewall. Application Control in them
    that you depend upon like a crutch is no more than snake-oil, which can
    be circumvented and defeated, easily.

    I'll bet you got all the snake-oil like Ad-Aware, Spybot Search &
    Destroy and the rest of the snake-oil running too on the machine. I say
    this because you came out with the big words like "Sitting Duck",
    "LeakTest", "Zombies" and all the little words you have learned.

    The one thing I'll give you credit for is not saying "Gibson said this"
    and "Gibson said that", although I know you been on your knees to him.

    Scientist Tony Tiger, you're a big time fool/home user *clown*. That's
    all you are no more and no less.

    We've all seen your kind before. You should disappear into the street
    traffic and get yourself ran over.

  16. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    on 29 Dec 2006, something possessed Mr. Arnold to write:

    > Dumb ass scientist Tony Tiger wrote:
    >> And the rest of the paranoid nitwits on this newsgroup have to stop
    >> looking over their shoulders every place they go. Firewall fever i
    >> wonder if it exists in the medical dictionary under phobias?
    >>

    > Once again you dumb-ass home user/scientist, Tony Tiger, and brain
    > cells out of balanced wet behind the ears fool, you're the one that
    > seems to have looked over both your shoulders with pop-up messages
    > from a PFW or personal packet filter, under both arm pits.
    >
    > A PFW or packet filter is not a firewall. Application Control in them
    > that you depend upon like a crutch is no more than snake-oil, which
    > can be circumvented and defeated, easily.
    >
    > I'll bet you got all the snake-oil like Ad-Aware, Spybot Search &
    > Destroy and the rest of the snake-oil running too on the machine. I
    > say this because you came out with the big words like "Sitting Duck",
    > "LeakTest", "Zombies" and all the little words you have learned.
    >
    > The one thing I'll give you credit for is not saying "Gibson said
    > this" and "Gibson said that", although I know you been on your knees
    > to him.
    >
    > Scientist Tony Tiger, you're a big time fool/home user *clown*. That's
    > all you are no more and no less.
    >
    > We've all seen your kind before. You should disappear into the street
    > traffic and get yourself ran over.

    You sound like that Sebasitan Gottchalks fellow. If you aren't him, than
    maybe you two should meet (in my killfile). I'm sure you two will get
    along great.

    Cheers, and happy holidays

    Will

  17. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    > You sound like that Sebasitan Gottchalks fellow. If you aren't him, than
    > maybe you two should meet (in my killfile). I'm sure you two will get
    > along great.
    >
    > Cheers, and happy holidays

    Oh, I am hurt that you did that. . I see you're weak. I have had a word
    or two with SG he's OK most of the time. I have had words with him about the
    XP FW. SG likes the XP FW. What can I say?

    I won't put you in my KF, as you're no one to in the first place. You should
    put yourself in your KF, so I won't hear from you again now will I, please,
    please and please.

    No cheers and no happy anything for you.

  18. Re: Need old BlackICE software

    Are you being partially frogged by that George guy? He has been frogging people
    everywhere. Me, chuck, scalawag steve and a whole bunch of other people.

    Duane Arnold wrote:

    > > You sound like that Sebasitan Gottchalks fellow. If you aren't him, than
    > > maybe you two should meet (in my killfile). I'm sure you two will get
    > > along great.
    > >
    > > Cheers, and happy holidays
    > >

    > Oh, I am hurt that you did that. . I see you're weak. I have had a word
    > or two with SG he's OK most of the time. I have had words with him about the
    > XP FW. SG likes the XP FW. What can I say?
    >
    > I won't put you in my KF, as you're no one to in the first place. You should
    > put yourself in your KF, so I won't hear from you again now will I, please,
    > please and please.
    >
    > No cheers and no happy anything for you.

+ Reply to Thread