problem with skype - Firewalls

This is a discussion on problem with skype - Firewalls ; Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger. I installed norton 2006.I think that norton block skype program. Internet explorer work right. How can I disable it?I don't find norton internet worm protection. I follow a tutorials but ...

  1. problem with skype

    Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger.
    I installed norton 2006.I think that norton block skype program.
    Internet explorer work right.
    How can I disable it?I don't find norton internet worm protection.
    I follow a tutorials but I don't see the label internet worm
    protection.Why?
    How can authorize program to access to Internet?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: problem with skype

    antani wrote:

    > Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger.

    Who doesn't?

    > I installed norton 2006.

    Well, then that's trivially a source for all kinds of problems. Why are you
    doing such nonsense?

    > Internet explorer work right.

    Eh... no.

    > How can I disable it?

    Uninstall the Norton toy? Get rid of the defective programs?

    > How can authorize program to access to Internet?

    Not at all.

  3. Re: problem with skype

    Sebastian Gottschalk ha scritto:

    > antani wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger.

    > Who doesn't?
    >
    > > I installed norton 2006.

    > Well, then that's trivially a source for all kinds of problems. Why are you
    > doing such nonsense?
    >
    > > Internet explorer work right.

    > Eh... no.
    >
    > > How can I disable it?

    > Uninstall the Norton toy? Get rid of the defective programs?

    I would like a simple and serious answer from you.
    I would like avoid to unistall norton.

  4. Re: problem with skype

    On 12/28/2006 10:44 AM, something possessed antani to write:
    > Sebastian Gottschalk ha scritto:
    >
    >> antani wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger.

    >> Who doesn't?
    >>
    >>> I installed norton 2006.

    >> Well, then that's trivially a source for all kinds of problems. Why are you
    >> doing such nonsense?
    >>
    >>> Internet explorer work right.

    >> Eh... no.
    >>
    >>> How can I disable it?

    >> Uninstall the Norton toy? Get rid of the defective programs?

    > I would like a simple and serious answer from you.
    > I would like avoid to unistall norton.

    Ignore Sebastian, he doesn't really know what he's talking about (though
    I, too, don't prefer Norton). He's got some personal development left
    to do.

    Anyway, it's been awhile since I've used the product, so I'm not sure
    where the list of programs is located, but I'm sure it's somewhere in
    the GUI. Meanwhile, I found these links that might be of some
    assistance. Good luck.

  5. Re: problem with skype

    antani wrote:

    > Sebastian Gottschalk ha scritto:
    >
    >> antani wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi, I have a problem with skype and msn messanger.

    >> Who doesn't?
    >>
    >>> I installed norton 2006.

    >> Well, then that's trivially a source for all kinds of problems. Why are you
    >> doing such nonsense?
    >>
    >>> Internet explorer work right.

    >> Eh... no.
    >>
    >>> How can I disable it?

    >> Uninstall the Norton toy? Get rid of the defective programs?

    > I would like a simple and serious answer from you.

    That's what you've got. You installed a lot of defective and insecure
    software, thus you really shouldn't wonder that nothing works.

    > I would like avoid to unistall norton.

    Sorry, but without uninstalling the defective software your problem likely
    won't solve and is impossible to diagnose.

+ Reply to Thread