Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall - Firewalls ; It is virtually leakproof. It is free. for blocking in/out it may be the very best. It is extraordinarily difficult to configure. It has driven strong people to the point of insanity :>>> gary louise wrote: > Casey wrote: >> ...

  1. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    louise wrote:
    > Casey wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> albertr@joimail.com says...
    >>> I am using the free Avast anti-virus program and Ad-Aware for my
    >>> personal computer. I use a dial-up ISP. Would installing a firewall
    >>> be a good idea for me? I do go on the Internet regularly. If so, is
    >>> there a decent free firewall that's user friendly and easy to use
    >>> use? I would consider myself an intermediate user (not advanced), so
    >>> I don't want one that is complicated and assumes the user has much
    >>> technical knowledge. Any advice would be appreciated.
    >>> Al

    >> Al, take a look at free Sygate v5.6--it might fit your needs.
    >> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sygate_Per...ree_d3356.html
    >>
    >> Unofficial help site
    >> http://bellsouthpwp.net/i/k/ikpe/SygateBasics.html
    >> (Site has two parts--click Sygate Basic botton)
    >>
    >> Casey

    > I used to use Sygate - but Symantec owns them now.......
    >
    > No one has mentioned Jetico. What are your thoughts and experiences
    > with their FW?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Louise

  2. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    Gary wrote:
    > It is virtually leakproof. It is free. for blocking in/out it may be the
    > very best. It is extraordinarily difficult to configure. It has driven
    > strong people to the point of insanity :>>>
    >
    > gary
    >
    > louise wrote:
    >> Casey wrote:
    >>> In article ,
    >>> albertr@joimail.com says...
    >>> Al, take a look at free Sygate v5.6--it might fit your needs.
    >>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sygate_Per...ree_d3356.html
    >>>
    >>> Unofficial help site
    >>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/i/k/ikpe/SygateBasics.html
    >>> (Site has two parts--click Sygate Basic botton)
    >>>
    >>> Casey

    >> I used to use Sygate - but Symantec owns them now.......
    >>
    >> No one has mentioned Jetico. What are your thoughts and experiences
    >> with their FW?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Louise

    So what firewall does your top-post refer to Gaz?

    Jim Ford

  3. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    Jim Ford wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    >> It is virtually leakproof. It is free. for blocking in/out it may be
    >> the very best. It is extraordinarily difficult to configure. It has
    >> driven strong people to the point of insanity :>>>
    >>
    >> gary
    >>
    >> louise wrote:

    >>> I used to use Sygate - but Symantec owns them now.......
    >>>
    >>> No one has mentioned Jetico. What are your thoughts and experiences
    >>> with their FW?
    >>>
    >>> TIA
    >>>
    >>> Louise

    > So what firewall does your top-post refer to Gaz?
    >
    > Jim Ford

    Jetico

  4. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    What you are? Some kind of a cotton-picking asshole? Just read his reply.

    Jim Ford wrote:

    > Gary wrote:
    > > It is virtually leakproof. It is free. for blocking in/out it may be the
    > > very best. It is extraordinarily difficult to configure. It has driven
    > > strong people to the point of insanity :>>>

+ Reply to Thread