Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall - Firewalls ; Does not work with win 9.xxxx RAID!!! wrote: > On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:25:51 GMT, Al wrote: > >> I am using the free Avast anti-virus program and Ad-Aware for my personal >> computer. I use a dial-up ISP. ...

  1. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    Does not work with win 9.xxxx

    RAID!!! wrote:
    > On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:25:51 GMT, Al wrote:
    >
    >> I am using the free Avast anti-virus program and Ad-Aware for my personal
    >> computer. I use a dial-up ISP. Would installing a firewall be a good idea
    >> for me? I do go on the Internet regularly. If so, is there a decent free
    >> firewall that's user friendly and easy to use use? I would consider myself
    >> an intermediate user (not advanced), so I don't want one that is complicated
    >> and assumes the user has much technical knowledge. Any advice would be
    >> appreciated.
    >> Al

    > http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

  2. Re: Looking For Decent Free Firewall

    Gary wrote:

    (quoting fixed)
    >> http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

    > Does not work with win 9.xxxx

    Who cares? Win9x has no privilege separation and is therefore pretty
    useless.

+ Reply to Thread