Zonealarm and sniffer tools - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Zonealarm and sniffer tools - Firewalls ; Hi, I would like to analyze the internet communication by using a sniffer program, however, when Zonealarm is running, all sniffers I tried are only tracking incoming packets. Is there a way to record also the outgoing packets without deactivating ...

  1. Zonealarm and sniffer tools

    Hi,

    I would like to analyze the internet communication by using a sniffer
    program, however, when Zonealarm is running, all sniffers I tried are only
    tracking incoming packets.
    Is there a way to record also the outgoing packets without deactivating
    Zonealarm? I use Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.
    Thank you very much in advance.

    --
    Regards,
    ua

    PS: If you want to email me, you must delete the "x" characters from the
    reply email address.

  2. Re: Zonealarm and sniffer tools

    On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 11:59:03 +0100, ua wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to analyze the internet communication by using a sniffer
    > program, however, when Zonealarm is running, all sniffers I tried are only
    > tracking incoming packets.

    Sounds like you have a filter setup on the sniffer. It should catch both
    ways.

    > Is there a way to record also the outgoing packets without deactivating
    > Zonealarm? I use Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.
    > Thank you very much in advance.

    A good and free sniffer is wireshark.

    http://www.wireshark.org/

    --

    Regards
    Robert

    Smile... it increases your face value!

  3. Re: Zonealarm and sniffer tools

    Am Sat, 16 Dec 2006 15:57:09 +0100 schrieb Robert :

    >> Is there a way to record also the outgoing packets without deactivating
    >> Zonealarm? I use Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.
    >> Thank you very much in advance.

    > A good and free sniffer is wireshark.
    >
    > http://www.wireshark.org/

    Thanks, it works :-)
    It seems the error was caused by a missing "WinPCap" driver. The other
    tools I had tried before did not automatically install that driver and
    then run in the "raw ip" mode. Probably this was the reason why they could
    only track the incoming packets.

    --
    Regards,
    ua

    PS: If you want to email me, you must delete the "x" characters from the
    reply email address.

+ Reply to Thread