SonicWall Soho2 - Firewalls

This is a discussion on SonicWall Soho2 - Firewalls ; I have an old SonicWall SOHO2 and before I go to the trouble of setting it up I would like to know if it's capable of doing bandwidth throttling for users (clients). I've found documentation about the SOHO2 but it ...

  1. SonicWall Soho2

    I have an old SonicWall SOHO2 and before I go to the trouble of setting
    it up I would like to know if it's capable of doing bandwidth
    throttling for users (clients). I've found documentation about the
    SOHO2 but it doesn't answer this question. For instance we have 10
    users and one individual can slow down the internet access for
    everyone.

    Do you have any suggestions on how to impliment bandwidth throttleing?
    (Doesn't have to be a solution that uses the SOHO2).

    Thanks,
    Kent.

  2. Re: SonicWall Soho2

    Up in canada a company named rogers does just that they throttle your
    speed. As witnessed by the rogers newsgroup no one is left except me and i
    don't have an account with rogers. It seems the surest way to lose all your
    subscribers is to throttle the connection speed. In the case of rogers they
    throttle it down to about one third dial up speed.

    KentG wrote:

    > I have an old SonicWall SOHO2 and before I go to the trouble of setting
    > it up I would like to know if it's capable of doing bandwidth
    > throttling for users (clients). I've found documentation about the
    > SOHO2 but it doesn't answer this question. For instance we have 10
    > users and one individual can slow down the internet access for
    > everyone.
    >
    > Do you have any suggestions on how to impliment bandwidth throttleing?
    > (Doesn't have to be a solution that uses the SOHO2).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kent.

+ Reply to Thread