Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF - Firewalls ; DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this? Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it ...

  1. Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF

    DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute
    intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab
    of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this?
    Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it is paid
    for and registered.
    --
    All the best
    David Millen

  2. Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF

    David Millen wrote:
    > DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute
    > intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab
    > of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this?

    Run a sniffer (e.g. Wireshark [1]) to inspect the traffic.

    > Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it is paid
    > for and registered.

    Dump their product.

    cu
    59cobalt
    --Mark Russinovich

  3. Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF

    On 13 Dec 2006 19:41:29 GMT, Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers
    wrote:

    >David Millen wrote:
    >> DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute
    >> intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab
    >> of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this?

    >Run a sniffer (e.g. Wireshark [1]) to inspect the traffic.

    Downloading it now.

    >> Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it is paid
    >> for and registered.

    >Dump their product.

    Well, yes, but when you've got used to an app which has seemed to
    work, it's frustrating to ditch it for something unfamiliar which has
    to be installed on a number of machines.

    >cu
    >59cobalt

    Thank you for the sensible advice.
    --
    All the best
    David Millen
    Xativa, Valencia
    www.fincacasablanca.com
    please reply in group
    if you have to email me, remove the obvious:
    davidtheobvious@millen.com

  4. Re: Unidentified inbound packets in Sunbelt Kerio PF

    David Millen wrote:
    > DUmeter is showing bursts of inbound traffic at roughly one minute
    > intervals which have no corresponding entries in the connections tab
    > of Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall. How can I troubleshoot this?

    Run a sniffer (e.g. Wireshark [1]) to inspect the traffic.

    > Sunbelt aren't providing support for the product, although it is paid
    > for and registered.

    Dump their product.

    [1] http://www.wireshark.org/

    Superseded for lack of URL :/