free firewall - Firewalls

This is a discussion on free firewall - Firewalls ; hy what is the best firewall , that is free, and for os windows xp ? it is for private use. thanks....

  1. free firewall

    hy

    what is the best firewall , that is free, and for os windows xp ?
    it is for private use. thanks.

  2. Re: free firewall

    Linus wrote:

    > what is the best firewall , that is free, and for os windows xp ?
    > it is for private use. thanks.

    I don't think there are any. The cheapest solution would be Kerio WinRoute,
    and up from there I'd only recommend ISA Server 2004 or 2005. Why the heck
    would someone want to build a firewall with Windows XP? And especially for
    private use?

  3. Re: free firewall

    Linus wrote:

    >what is the best firewall , that is free, and for os windows xp ?

    Read some recent posts to alt.comp.freeware, where the subject is
    discussed often.

+ Reply to Thread