Slower DSL download speed with router - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Slower DSL download speed with router - Firewalls ; On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:15:00 -0500, Tony wrote: >His roadrunner connection... this guy is on the phone night and day with >tech support trying to get connected to the internet he is clueless. You >know it's funny when someone ...

  1. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    wrote:

    >His roadrunner connection... this guy is on the phone night and day with
    >tech support trying to get connected to the internet he is clueless. You
    >know it's funny when someone like me posts the only right answer how all
    >these "know it all gomers" pop up on this newsgroup with ...

    the most absurd answers i think i've ever heard.

    I guess you don't read your own posts.

    idiot

  2. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    In article <457C1ADB.64FA77F6@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    says...
    > I've seen the same thing in the business world. Most are wired and i've never seen a Dlink
    > router used ever. In most installations the linksys routers are used. But like Leythos says he
    > has all those years of experience bull****ting people.

    Linksys routers.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  3. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    So you wad of weasel **** i see you're trying to disrupt this newsgroup too.
    Ah out there where the stench of pig **** reigns supreme ah out there. Now
    who are we today? Lets see, dip**** that's who we are today.

    "Benson Hedges" wrote in
    message news:slrneno10a.6kp.news@stonehenge.lotech.co.uk.. .
    > On 2006-12-10, Leythos wrote:
    >> In article <457B82E0.78C28848@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    >> says...
    >>> I hope you're not going to tell us you live in Medina Ohio and that
    >>> other guy
    >>> lives in Columbus.

    >> I don't live in Medina or Columbus. I've used this nickname for ages,
    >> many years, and other than posting to one other group with a pseudo
    >> first name because of moderator rules, I've never shifted names in
    >> Usenet. I've been posting as either my nickname Leythos, Void or my real
    >> name since 84.

    > I remember Leythos from years ago. One of the few consistently good
    > posters
    > in the groups I subscribed to.IIRC that was mainly alt.computer.security
    > in
    > my case.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > BH.
    >
    > --
    > A. Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
    > Q. Why is top-posting bad?

  4. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Here's proof that Steve is actually Seedless Grape. Look right near the
    bottom of the
    page you'll see the name Steve and Seedless Grape.
    http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.ga...c3c74ed064e3e2

    "chuckcar" wrote in message
    > Leythos wrote in
    >
    >> In article , chuckcar@nil.org
    >> says...

    >>> Take the case with this fool: If I kill file him, he'll just switch
    >>> to another nym - he's already done exactly that - he really freaked
    >>> before he did though and that was kind of satisfying - You see I
    >>> didn't really kill file him. I just said I did and then read his
    >>> posts, completely ignoring what they said in mine. That's reason
    >>> number one. Reason number two, if you kill file them, they can say
    >>> anything they want about you, and you'll never know it, and that can
    >>> be very bad. I'm sure you can think of others, but you get the idea -
    >>> you post they can read anything you post, but you never read anything
    >>> they post. Doesn't make for good knowledge of the lay of the land.

    >> If you're talking about my changing my name, it's not happened in a
    >> LONG time, I've posted as Leythos for more than 5 years.
    >>

    > No, you're just another victim that's experienced the "Steve delusion"
    > problem. I've seen it happen on at least 6 other groups. Just in case
    > you don't know (which apparently you don't - pay more attention to the
    > "volume" posters - good and bad) Tony aka Steve aka Seedless Grape aka
    > Steveo ... Are one and the same person. Welcome to usenet, where the
    > loonies you cross the street to avoid can send you messages.
    >

    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

  5. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:12:45 -0500, Tony wrote:

    >You best find a different repairman. Anybdoy who sells someone a Dlink
    >router does not have their best interests at heart. To put it nicely
    >Dlink is ****. The Dlink router is your whole problem. Trash the router
    >and buy a linksys. Remember i'll be here to prevent anymore of your
    >computer crashes. Just ask Tony.

    Not all D-Link routers are crap. Two of them are listed in the top ten in
    data throughput at http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/router-charts/.

    But the DI-604 is third from the bottom...

  6. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Ha those studies mean nothing. How about a reliability study? Dlink are one
    of the worst routers last maybe a month or two then kaput. No one in pacific
    mall even sells these dlink routers because no one in the area would buy one
    even when on sale.

    "Spender" wrote in message
    news:hdmqn2dbbplgjvfjb53u3rtaupbb5602i5@news.easyn ews.com...
    > On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 17:12:45 -0500, Tony wrote:
    >
    >>You best find a different repairman. Anybdoy who sells someone a Dlink
    >>router does not have their best interests at heart. To put it nicely
    >>Dlink is ****. The Dlink router is your whole problem. Trash the router
    >>and buy a linksys. Remember i'll be here to prevent anymore of your
    >>computer crashes. Just ask Tony.

    > Not all D-Link routers are crap. Two of them are listed in the top ten in
    > data throughput at http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/router-charts/.
    >
    > But the DI-604 is third from the bottom...

  7. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Michael wrote:
    > Well look who it is old Darrell Larose. Is that head bald yet? How's the
    > weather in ottawa? Ha, ha you've never been gone i knew that all along but no
    > one else knew it.

    Sorry to disappoint you Michael, but I still have a full head of hair.
    Ottawa had a light dusting of snow this morning and warmed up to +3
    C.

    I guess with you being wrong any everyone else being right must eat
    into to your lack of manhood. I will predict that you'll fire up your
    Nomen Nescio account on dizum.com again. And go a trolling again, now
    that his buddy Richard Scoville has been nuked off of the Internet.

  8. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    This doesn't sound like darrell. I've always noticed one thing about you on usenet
    you were always too stupid to lie about anything.

    darrell.larose@gmail.com wrote:

    > Michael wrote:
    > > Well look who it is old Darrell Larose. Is that head bald yet? How's the
    > > weather in ottawa? Ha, ha you've never been gone i knew that all along but no
    > > one else knew it.
    > >

    > Sorry to disappoint you Michael, but I still have a full head of hair.
    > Ottawa had a light dusting of snow this morning and warmed up to +3
    > C.
    >
    > I guess with you being wrong any everyone else being right must eat
    > into to your lack of manhood. I will predict that you'll fire up your
    > Nomen Nescio account on dizum.com again. And go a trolling again, now
    > that his buddy Richard Scoville has been nuked off of the Internet.

  9. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    "Alan Illeman" wrote in message
    > Win2K Pro SP.4, single user, SpeedTouch modem, PPPoE,
    > Dlink Dl-604 router. I used to use a Kerio firewall but
    > following a crash In October, the guy who repaired it,
    > installed a Dlink router in place of the firewall. I have a
    > subscription to Grisoft's AVG7.5 and there's been no problems.
    >
    > I used to get 170 KB/s download (3 MB service but long way
    > from CO) but now it's only about 35 KB/s, about only a fifth
    > of what it used to be. I've tested it by downloading files that
    > I've previously downloaded, at different times of day.
    >
    > I have a call into my repair guy and will probably speak to
    > him this coming week, but wonder if you have any helpful
    > comments?
    >
    > tia
    > Alan

    Thanks to those that responded positively (others should go
    to http://www.laughteryoga.ca/). The tech guy used
    his setup on my line and got the same result at noon today,
    and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm
    and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

  10. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that router
    off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who told him
    different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble ticket
    that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    Alan Illeman wrote:

    > "Alan Illeman" wrote in message
    > > Win2K Pro SP.4, single user, SpeedTouch modem, PPPoE,
    > > Dlink Dl-604 router. I used to use a Kerio firewall but
    > > following a crash In October, the guy who repaired it,
    > > installed a Dlink router in place of the firewall. I have a
    > > subscription to Grisoft's AVG7.5 and there's been no problems.
    > >
    > > I used to get 170 KB/s download (3 MB service but long way
    > > from CO) but now it's only about 35 KB/s, about only a fifth
    > > of what it used to be. I've tested it by downloading files that
    > > I've previously downloaded, at different times of day.
    > >
    > > I have a call into my repair guy and will probably speak to
    > > him this coming week, but wonder if you have any helpful
    > > comments?
    > >
    > > tia
    > > Alan

    > Thanks to those that responded positively (others should go
    > to http://www.laughteryoga.ca/). The tech guy used
    > his setup on my line and got the same result at noon today,
    > and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm
    > and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

  11. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    says...
    > You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that router
    > off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who told him
    > different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble ticket
    > that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    Did you read what he wrote? All of it?

    "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at noon
    today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm
    and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"

    So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.

    His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    your admission of being wrong.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  12. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Leythos wrote in

    > In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > says...
    >> You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that
    >> router off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who
    >> told him different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble
    >> ticket that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    > Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    >
    > "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at
    > noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5
    > pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"
    >
    > So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    > experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    > others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.
    >
    > His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    > your admission of being wrong.

    Ignore him, killfile him if you like - several here have. He's just
    another useless kiddie troll.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

  13. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    In article , chuckcar@nil.org
    says...
    > Leythos wrote in
    >
    > > In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > > says...
    > >> You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that
    > >> router off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who
    > >> told him different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble
    > >> ticket that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    > > Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    > >
    > > "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at
    > > noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5
    > > pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"
    > >
    > > So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    > > experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    > > others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.
    > >
    > > His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    > > your admission of being wrong.
    > >

    > Ignore him, killfile him if you like - several here have. He's just
    > another useless kiddie troll.

    In 20+ years of Usenet I've never KF anyone, but I do try and remember
    who to ignore, and I slipped up in this, but he's still a idiot that
    doesn't understand anything and seems to always be wrong.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  14. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    What are you talking about? You were one of those weasels i was talking about
    that bumsteered the guy. Oh you'll see how fast he comes back here with the
    same question all thanks to people like you. Can't you see the poor guy is
    green as grass he doesn't even know how to take the router out and just
    connect the modem up to the computer. Someone else set his whole computer up
    for him and when the slightest thing goes wrong he hasn't a clue. He's
    clueless then some gomers give the guy even worst advice telling him nothing
    is wrong. I say pitch that router into the nearest lake or ocean.

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > says...
    > > You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that router
    > > off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who told him
    > > different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble ticket
    > > that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    > Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    >
    > "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at noon
    > today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm
    > and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"
    >
    > So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    > experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    > others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.
    >
    > His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    > your admission of being wrong.
    >
    > --
    >
    > spam999free@rrohio.com
    > remove 999 in order to email me

  15. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Here we go another guy who didn't even read the original question. I can
    tell someone's opinion must come highly rated when he can answer a question
    without even reading the question.

    chuckcar wrote:

    > Leythos wrote in
    >
    > > In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > > says...
    > >> You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that
    > >> router off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who
    > >> told him different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble
    > >> ticket that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    > > Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    > >
    > > "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at
    > > noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5
    > > pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"
    > >
    > > So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    > > experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    > > others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.
    > >
    > > His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    > > your admission of being wrong.
    > >

    > Ignore him, killfile him if you like - several here have. He's just
    > another useless kiddie troll.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

  16. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    I know you and Orson Wells all the way back to 1984.

    Leythos wrote:

    > In article , chuckcar@nil.org
    > says...
    > > Leythos wrote in
    > >
    > > > In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > > > says...
    > > >
    > > > Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    > > >
    > > > "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at
    > > > noon today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5
    > > > pm and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    > > > as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"

  17. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Tony expressed precisely :
    > What are you talking about? You were one of those weasels i was talking about
    > that bumsteered the guy. Oh you'll see how fast he comes back here with the
    > same question all thanks to people like you. Can't you see the poor guy is
    > green as grass he doesn't even know how to take the router out and just
    > connect the modem up to the computer. Someone else set his whole computer up
    > for him and when the slightest thing goes wrong he hasn't a clue. He's
    > clueless then some gomers give the guy even worst advice telling him nothing
    > is wrong. I say pitch that router into the nearest lake or ocean.
    >
    > Leythos wrote:
    >
    >> In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    >> says...
    >>> You bonehead the whole problem is your 2 cent router. Throw that router
    >>> off a cliff or into a bottomless pit. To all the weasels who told him
    >>> different i hope you're happy now the guy has some trouble ticket
    >>> that'll get him nowhere. Jump up and down on that router.

    >> Did you read what he wrote? All of it?
    >>
    >> "The tech guy used his setup on my line and got the same result at noon
    >> today, and the ISP put a "trouble ticket" into Bell. Checked at 5 pm
    >> and speed has been restored, in fact a little faster than it was,
    >> as per http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/"
    >>
    >> So, that means you were 100% wrong Tony, that you don't have the
    >> experience to help anyone here since you have no ability to learn from
    >> others, and that you were still wrong when you posted your BS again.
    >>
    >> His speed has returned without removing the router - we're waiting for
    >> your admission of being wrong.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> spam999free@rrohio.com
    >> remove 999 in order to email me

    FOOL

    --
    Senex

  18. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    He'll be back you'll see probably with worst problems.

    Senex wrote:

    > Tony expressed precisely :
    > > What are you talking about? You were one of those weasels i was talking about
    > > that bumsteered the guy. Oh you'll see how fast he comes back here with the
    > > same question all thanks to people like you. Can't you see the poor guy is
    > > green as grass he doesn't even know how to take the router out and just
    > > connect the modem up to the computer. Someone else set his whole computer up
    > > for him and when the slightest thing goes wrong he hasn't a clue. He's
    > > clueless then some gomers give the guy even worst advice telling him nothing
    > > is wrong. I say pitch that router into the nearest lake or ocean.
    > >
    > > Leythos wrote:
    > >
    > >> In article <458092FA.3BEF1E48@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    > >> says...
    > >>
    > >> Did you read what he wrote? All of it?

  19. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    In article <4580B3F8.66195D8F@TheDeli.Sandwich>, Tony@TheDeli.Sandwich
    says...
    > He'll be back you'll see probably with worst problems.

    So you can read - he didn't have a problem with the router, it was
    signal quality on the ISP device. Come on, admit that in this case you
    were 100% wrong and we might change our opinion on what a looser you
    are.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

  20. Re: Slower DSL download speed with router

    Read what he said. Everything worked perfect until that dip**** repairman
    unloaded that piece of **** router on him. Alan is a novice he knows
    nothing about computers like i said give it a few days he'll be back here
    with the same problem and possibly other problems.