windows xp safe-mode help? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on windows xp safe-mode help? - Firewalls ; for the past two weeks, my computer has been so slow with everything. so i downloaded two antiviruses; AVG & spyware terminator. spyware terminator detected infections & a worm that AVG didn't. when i tried to put the worm in ...

  1. windows xp safe-mode help?

    for the past two weeks, my computer has been so slow with everything. so
    i downloaded two antiviruses; AVG & spyware terminator. spyware
    terminator detected infections & a worm that AVG didn't. when i tried to
    put the worm in quarantine, it was unable to do it & told me to restart
    into safe mode.

    i tried restarting into safe mode but after about 30 seconds it popped
    up with a blue screen saying '' windows has shut down to protect your ''
    blah blah. so i ran it normally & now spyware terminator isn't even
    finding the worm.

    AVG & spyware terminator have come across hundreds of infections or
    tracking cookies, adware, one or two trojans, & that worm.

    help?

    --
    wishxoxo
    wishxoxo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wishxoxo.htm

    http://forums.techarena.in

  2. Re: windows xp safe-mode help?

    "wishxoxo" wrote in message

    > for the past two weeks, my computer has been so slow with everything. so
    > i downloaded two antiviruses; AVG & spyware terminator. spyware
    > terminator detected infections & a worm that AVG didn't. when i tried to
    > put the worm in quarantine, it was unable to do it & told me to restart
    > into safe mode.
    >
    > i tried restarting into safe mode but after about 30 seconds it popped
    > up with a blue screen saying '' windows has shut down to protect your ''
    > blah blah. so i ran it normally & now spyware terminator isn't even
    > finding the worm.
    >
    > AVG & spyware terminator have come across hundreds of infections or
    > tracking cookies, adware, one or two trojans, & that worm.
    >
    > help?

    Help via a newsgroup is not possible in this situation.
    You will have to find a real person who knows how fix your computer.
    It's also not possible to say whether or not they will do it for free.
    I wouldn't.

    > --
    > wishxoxo
    > wishxoxo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wishxoxo.htm