Re: Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00) - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00) - Firewalls ; seconserv wrote: > Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00): NOTE: alt.security.doityourself.ads,alt.security.dealers .ads were omitted in my reply as I'm not interested in this bozo's attempt to spam newsgroups. You posted this off-topic tripe over in the alt.comp.anti-virus group, too. ...

  1. Re: Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00)

    seconserv wrote:

    > Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00):

    NOTE: alt.security.doityourself.ads,alt.security.dealers .ads were
    omitted in my reply as I'm not interested in this bozo's attempt to spam
    newsgroups.

    You posted this off-topic tripe over in the alt.comp.anti-virus group,
    too. Nobody cared there either. Nobody cares about your spam crap in
    all the other groups you posted your off-topic garbage (see
    http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...or%3Aseconserv).

    No special software is required at all. The simplest method to get rid
    of steggo content is to use any image viewer, especially one that has no
    knowledge of or any capability to handle steggo content and convert it
    to another file format. Convert .jpg to .bmp (and optionally back to
    ..jpg to return to the original format). Other techniques if to
    recompress at a different ration, resize the image, or modify colors.

  2. Re: Announcing the release of Anti-Steganography (AntiSteg v1.00)

    In article ,
    VanguardLH wrote:

    >No special software is required at all. The simplest method to get rid
    >of steggo content is to use any image viewer, especially one that has no
    >knowledge of or any capability to handle steggo content and convert it
    >to another file format. Convert .jpg to .bmp (and optionally back to
    >.jpg to return to the original format). Other techniques if to
    >recompress at a different ration, resize the image, or modify colors.

    You are incorrect, V@nguard, those measure are insufficient.
    I suggest you research StirMark .

    (Note: I have no idea how AntiSteg works, and I would not be
    at all startled AntiSteg doesn't work very well against some of
    the techniques that StirMark knows about -- so I am in no way
    recommending AntiSteg, just indicating that your "simplest method"
    have been proven not to be sufficient.)

+ Reply to Thread