New machine in DMZ not responding - Firewalls

This is a discussion on New machine in DMZ not responding - Firewalls ; Hi I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but the new machine can not ping the firewall itself ...

  1. New machine in DMZ not responding

    Hi

    I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
    added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
    the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
    can).
    Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
    The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
    the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
    sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
    but somethings stopping it.
    Any ideas?

    Cameron

  2. Re: New machine in DMZ not responding

    Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
    > added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
    > the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
    > can).
    > Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
    > The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
    > the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
    > sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
    > but somethings stopping it.
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Cameron

    replace sonicwall.

    cheers

  3. Re: New machine in DMZ not responding

    On Oct 14, 8:04 pm, Burkhard Ott wrote:
    > Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:
    >
    > > Hi

    > > I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
    > > added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
    > > the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
    > > can).
    > > Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
    > > The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
    > > the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
    > > sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
    > > but somethings stopping it.
    > > Any ideas?

    > > Cameron

    > replace sonicwall.
    >
    > cheers

    Thank you for your ever so well thought out and well reasoned
    response. Does anybody else have anything sensible to add to the
    discussion?

  4. Re: New machine in DMZ not responding

    rotas.dw@gmail.com writes:

    > On Oct 14, 8:04 pm, Burkhard Ott wrote:
    >> Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:
    >>
    >> > Hi

    >> > I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
    >> > added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
    >> > the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
    >> > can).
    >> > Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
    >> > The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
    >> > the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
    >> > sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
    >> > but somethings stopping it.
    >> > Any ideas?

    >> > Cameron

    >> replace sonicwall.
    >>
    >> cheers

    > Thank you for your ever so well thought out and well reasoned
    > response. Does anybody else have anything sensible to add to the
    > discussion?

    Sonicwall sorta blows?

    They charge a significant sum for updates and support don't they? If
    so... have you asked them? As you probably have seen in the archives
    you searched before posting, they're not really the hot firewall these
    days.

    Usenet... you get what you pay for. With the right attitude,
    sometimes more. But don't count on it. :-)

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/