zlclient - Firewalls

This is a discussion on zlclient - Firewalls ; So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion? TIA...

  1. zlclient

    So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?
    TIA

  2. Re: zlclient

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:56:11 -0700 (PDT), ted wrote:

    > So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?
    > TIA

    Proven remedy:
    http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/uninstall.html

  3. Re: zlclient

    ted wrote:
    > So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?

    Usually, zlclient.exe is Zone Alarm.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    Bitte beachten Sie auch die Rückseite dieses Schreibens!

  4. Re: zlclient

    On Oct 10, 9:56*pm, Kayman wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:56:11 -0700 (PDT), ted wrote:
    > > So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?
    > > TIA

    > Proven remedy:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/uninstall.html

    Went thru ur proven remedy but zlclien is using ~50% of the cpu &
    vsmon is using most of the rest :-(. Thanks for the try.

  5. Re: zlclient

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:34:14 -0700 (PDT), ted wrote:

    > On Oct 10, 9:56*pm, Kayman wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:56:11 -0700 (PDT), ted wrote:
    >>> So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?
    >>> TIA

    >> Proven remedy:http://zonealarm.donhoover.net/uninstall.html

    > Went thru ur proven remedy but zlclien is using ~50% of the cpu &
    > vsmon is using most of the rest :-(. Thanks for the try.

    Well, it's not uncommon that the uninstall process of badly coded software
    such as ZA can be a major PITA! Sorry that the (proven) uninstall tool did
    not work for you (there's always a first time).
    Try a couple of things:
    Download AutoRuns and ProcessExplorer
    and check if 'vsmon' and 'zlclient' are present. You can then either delete
    or disable these particular items.

    Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT)
    http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis

    Please, do not post HJT logs to this newsgroup.
    Fora where you can get expert advice for HiJack This! (HJT) logs.

    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
    http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
    http://www.5starsupport.com/ipboard/...p?showforum=18
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/in...6&showforum=29

    NOTE: Registration is required in any of the above mentioned fora
    before posting a HJT log and read the 'stickies'
    (instructions/guidelines) for the respective HJT forum.

    Good luck

  6. Re: zlclient

    On Oct 10, 8:56*pm, ted wrote:
    > So what is zlclient doing taking up ~50% of the cpu time all sesion?
    > TIA

    I had an install that did that once. I just killed zlclient, its the
    popup do you want to let it access window, the firewall seems to work
    ok without it running. It just wont ask if you want to grant
    permission to a new process, so you may wonder why a new app cant see
    the net. Just start zlclient when you need to grant something
    permission.

    Re uninstalling, TotalUninstall 2.35 makes it a breeze.

    NT

+ Reply to Thread