SonicWall Pro - Firewalls

This is a discussion on SonicWall Pro - Firewalls ; I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. It is pretty old, but it came from an office that we closed down. I have a small home office network that I'm thinking about using it in. I'm sure I ...

  1. SonicWall Pro

    I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. It is pretty old,
    but it came from an office that we closed down. I have a small home
    office network that I'm thinking about using it in. I'm sure I could
    figure it out, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have a
    small network that I keep fairly up to date with AV definitions,
    spyware protection, and Windows security updates. Does anyone know if
    installing this device would be worth it... possible... or more hassle
    than it is worth?

    Thanks in advance.
    Mark M

  2. Re: SonicWall Pro

    mmates@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    > I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. It is pretty old,
    > but it came from an office that we closed down. I have a small home
    > office network that I'm thinking about using it in. I'm sure I could
    > figure it out, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have a
    > small network that I keep fairly up to date with AV definitions,
    > spyware protection, and Windows security updates. Does anyone know if
    > installing this device would be worth it... possible... or more hassle
    > than it is worth?

    Check for a serial number or model number. I believe SonicWall
    will allow you to re-register and renew the Support subscription
    on the item. Although the price maybe overkill for a home office.

    You will then be able to get the newest updates and have a cheap
    firewall.

    > Thanks in advance.
    > Mark M

    moncho

  3. Re: SonicWall Pro

    On Oct 9, 7:54*am, moncho wrote:
    > mma...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    > > I have a SonicWall Pro (no number) firewall device. *It is pretty old,
    > > but it came from an office that we closed down. *I have a small home
    > > office network that I'm thinking about using it in. *I'm sure I could
    > > figure it out, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it. *I have a
    > > small network that I keep fairly up to date with AV definitions,
    > > spyware protection, and Windows security updates. *Does anyone know if
    > > installing this device would be worth it... possible... or more hassle
    > > than it is worth?

    > Check for a serial number or model number. *I believe SonicWall
    > will allow you to re-register and renew the Support subscription
    > on the item. *Although the price maybe overkill for a home office.
    >
    > You will then be able to get the newest updates and have a cheap
    > firewall.
    >

    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > Mark M

    > moncho