Sygate personal - unblocking - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Sygate personal - unblocking - Firewalls ; How do you unblock an application in Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6? I blocked LSA Shell, after Googling it, now I want to let it access the net. But it's not anywhere in the applications list. Only one blocked ap, MS ...

  1. Sygate personal - unblocking

    How do you unblock an application in Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6? I
    blocked LSA Shell, after Googling it, now I want to let it access the
    net. But it's not anywhere in the applications list. Only one blocked ap,
    MS Messenger. However, I'm still getting the warning message that it is
    attempting to access the net but is blocked every few minutes; can I do
    something from that window?

    TIA

    Ken

  2. Re: Sygate personal - unblocking

    Ken wrote:
    > How do you unblock an application in Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6?

    By removing it, because beside it's useless, it endangers your PC.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    Bitte beachten Sie auch die Rückseite dieses Schreibens!

  3. Re: Sygate personal - unblocking

    Volker Birk wrote in news:48de1892@news.uni-ulm.de:

    > Ken wrote:
    >> How do you unblock an application in Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6?

    > By removing it, because beside it's useless, it endangers your PC.
    >
    > Yours,
    > VB.

    So what do you recommend replacing it with?

    Ken

  4. Re: Sygate personal - unblocking

    Ken wrote:
    [Sygate]
    > So what do you recommend replacing it with?

    Nothing. Read: http://ntsvcfg.de/ntsvcfg_eng.html

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    Bitte beachten Sie auch die Rückseite dieses Schreibens!

  5. Re: Sygate personal - unblocking

    "Ken" wrote

    > How do you unblock an application in Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6?

    indeed, you do that by right-clicking your mouse on an application in the
    sygate apps list.

    > I blocked LSA Shell, after Googling it, now I want to let it access the
    > net. But it's not anywhere in the applications list. Only one blocked ap,
    > MS Messenger. However, I'm still getting the warning message that it is
    > attempting to access the net but is blocked every few minutes; can I do
    > something from that window?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ken

    already tried "remove all" from your sygate application list screen?
    It should reset and clear the application list and you should start from
    scratch with (not)allowing your apps.

    I don't get a message from a blocked application; I only see the blocked
    item in the running application screen until I exit that application.

+ Reply to Thread