help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access - Firewalls

This is a discussion on help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access - Firewalls ; Hi there, After a couple of days I haven't been able to find it on the net yet. Anyone can tell or point me to how to access this box allegedly reseted to 'factory defaults'? Thanks in advance Brgds...

  1. help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access

    Hi there,

    After a couple of days I haven't been able to find it on the net yet.
    Anyone can tell or point me to how to access this box allegedly
    reseted to 'factory defaults'?

    Thanks in advance
    Brgds

  2. Re: help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access

    Did you check the website? http://www.checkpoint.com and click on Support. A
    quick search gave me:
    The Safe@ security appliances are shipped with a default security policy
    that provides the optium protection for broadband users. You can change the
    working security policy in two ways.
    1. The Safe@ administrator may add security rules in the "my.firewall"
    administration UI. The "my.firewall" admin interface is accessed by using a
    Internet Broswer and typing in "my.firewall" in the URL field. The local
    security modifications will override the embedded security policy settings.
    2. Security policies can be created and delivered by the Check Point
    SmartCenter with the Safe@ connector add-on. These policies will replace the
    embedded default security policy.

    and;
    There is no installation procedure in the conventional sense of CD-ROMs or
    lengthy downloads. Safe@Home comes preinstalled with the broadband modem
    provided by the customer's Internet Service Provider. The customer only has
    to click the browser (without even going online), and type at the address
    bar: http://my.firewall/
    This will access a simple setup screen, allowing configuration of the
    Security Gateway.
    Depending on the type of modem, this address might be different. But the
    getting-started guide that comes with the modem will explain setup steps.
    The setup process uses screens embedded into the modem, and these can be
    accessed at any time to modify or upgrade the settings.
    Note:
    The initial default IP address is 192.168.10.1.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "luismi" wrote in message

    > Hi there,
    >
    > After a couple of days I haven't been able to find it on the net yet.
    > Anyone can tell or point me to how to access this box allegedly
    > reseted to 'factory defaults'?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Brgds

  3. Re: help checkpoint safe@office 100b, box access

    Sorry, misread your question. Try the following, please note that this will
    erase all passwords and configurations.

    To reset the box to defaults, please do the following:
    * Unplug the power cord.
    * Hold the reset button on the back of the box.
    * Plug in the power cord while holding the button until the pwr/sec
    led is steady red.
    * Leave the reset button for 3 seconds.
    * Press the reset button again for 10 seconds until the pwr/sec
    led starts blinking red.
    * Reconfigure your box and install certs.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "luismi" wrote in message

    > Hi there,
    >
    > After a couple of days I haven't been able to find it on the net yet.
    > Anyone can tell or point me to how to access this box allegedly
    > reseted to 'factory defaults'?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Brgds

+ Reply to Thread