.htaccess response not getting out - Firewalls

This is a discussion on .htaccess response not getting out - Firewalls ; I have a home website that works fine except that if I click on a link to a folder that has .htaccess authorization I never get the user/ password box, it just stalls until I click on another folder whereupon ...

  1. .htaccess response not getting out

    I have a home website that works fine except that if I click on a link
    to a folder that has .htaccess authorization I never get the user/
    password box, it just stalls until I click on another folder whereupon
    the content is displayed. All other content on the site is available
    to the outside without issue, and the .htaccess stuff works as
    expected when I click the link from one of the internal computers in
    the house.

    The firewall is pf and it's been told to allow all outbound traffic,
    although I might have followed that with a rule specifying tcp and udp
    protocols. Are .htaccess type packets not part of either of those? I'm
    somewhat new to ruleset structure and the like so I'm sure pf is
    simply doing what I've told it to do.

    thanks,

    tf

  2. For shame

    thefro...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a home website that works fine except that if I click on a link
    > to a folder that has .htaccess authorization I never get the user/
    > password box, it just stalls until I click on another folder whereupon
    > the content is displayed. All other content on the site is available
    > to the outside without issue, and the .htaccess stuff works as
    > expected when I click the link from one of the internal computers in
    > the house.
    >
    > The firewall is pf and it's been told to allow all outbound traffic,
    > although I might have followed that with a rule specifying tcp and udp
    > protocols. Are .htaccess type packets not part of either of those? I'm
    > somewhat new to ruleset structure and the like so I'm sure pf is
    > simply doing what I've told it to do.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > tf

    I fixed it. (Jeez, what a dolt I was...)

+ Reply to Thread