Anyone Use Or Recommend GhostWall? - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Anyone Use Or Recommend GhostWall? - Firewalls ; I have WXP x64 for an OS and have found that Comodo really slows things down. I downloaded GhostWall because it's a 64 bit firewall, but am not sure how effective it is. Has anyone had experience with it who ...

  1. Anyone Use Or Recommend GhostWall?

    I have WXP x64 for an OS and have found that Comodo really slows
    things down. I downloaded GhostWall because it's a 64 bit firewall,
    but am not sure how effective it is. Has anyone had experience with
    it who can judge its effectiveness? I don't know much about tweaking
    a firewall for ironclad protection and generally rely on whatever
    settings the firewall uses as default. Thanks for any help

  2. Re: Anyone Use Or Recommend GhostWall?

    justin wrote:
    > I have WXP x64 for an OS and have found that Comodo really slows
    > things down.

    You don't need a "Personal Firewall". Either use Torsten's Script at
    http://ntsvcfg.de/ntsvcfg_eng.html or just use the Windows-Firewall.

    Yours,
    VB.
    --
    Bitte beachten Sie auch die Rückseite dieses Schreibens!

  3. Re: Anyone Use Or Recommend GhostWall?

    On 13 Sep 2008 23:40:32 +0100, Volker Birk wrote:

    >justin wrote:
    >> I have WXP x64 for an OS and have found that Comodo really slows
    >> things down.

    >You don't need a "Personal Firewall". Either use Torsten's Script at
    >http://ntsvcfg.de/ntsvcfg_eng.html or just use the Windows-Firewall.
    >
    >Yours,
    >VB.

    Thanks for that.