splash screen and a password please. - Firewalls

This is a discussion on splash screen and a password please. - Firewalls ; I'm looking to control internet access for wireless clients. I would like them to see a customizable splash screen containing a disclaimer and then have to enter a password in order to access the internet. One username and password for ...

  1. splash screen and a password please.

    I'm looking to control internet access for wireless clients. I would
    like them to see a customizable splash screen containing a disclaimer
    and then have to enter a password in order to access the internet. One
    username and password for everyone would be fine. I DON'T want to
    have to use WEP or any other type of encryption since I want them to
    be able to connect and see the splash screen before they have to type
    in the access code. Is there an affordable firewall that will do this
    for me?

    TIA-

    Mike

  2. Re: splash screen and a password please.

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.security.firewalls, in article
    <1c75f333-36db-4034-aba3-1d3f05c2101d@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    malgandalf@yahoo.com wrote:

    >I'm looking to control internet access for wireless clients. I would
    >like them to see a customizable splash screen containing a disclaimer
    >and then have to enter a password in order to access the internet.

    You are posting from a news group search engine. Don't you think it
    might be easier/quicker to use it for it's intended purpose?

    Results 1 - 10 of about 243,000 for wireless+hotspot+access+control.
    (0.25 seconds)

    Results 1 - 10 of about 19,200 for wireless+hotspot+splash+screen.
    (0.21 seconds)

    An appropriate Usenet newsgroup to look in would be 'alt.internet.wireless'
    where the problem is discussed very *frequently*.

    >One username and password for everyone would be fine. I DON'T want to
    >have to use WEP or any other type of encryption since I want them to
    >be able to connect and see the splash screen before they have to type
    >in the access code.

    And you'd better hope that the users are sweet/innocent who don't won't
    be playing "practical jokes" on you or others. As you probably think
    everything on the Internet is a web page, you should also think rather
    strongly about using a proxy to prevent the worst abuse.

    Old guy

+ Reply to Thread