On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Marcin Antkiewicz wrote:

> it depends. If your firewall is really just a bridge, the first router will
> see one MAC address in traffic for all of the 20 IPs. There are other

One MAC address wouldn't really be "multi-homed," it'd be lots of "virtual
interfaces." That's different from muti-homed in my book. Physical
multi-homing requires seperate physical interfaces. I'd call it multiple
virtual interfaces if it all came from one NIC (and multi-homed normally
indicates the system is connected to more than one network- hence it's
"home" isn't just one subnet.

Paul