Re: Major International Transport Hub Censors Political Webs - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: Major International Transport Hub Censors Political Webs - Firewalls ; "Leythos" wrote in message news:1217886716_245663@news.usenet.com... > In article , > nobody@pseudo.borked.net says... >> That will make what you are doing UNDETECTABLE >> to the admins running the WiFi at St Pancras station, > > No, it won't, they will be ...

  1. Re: Major International Transport Hub Censors Political Webs

    "Leythos" wrote in message news:1217886716_245663@news.usenet.com...
    > In article <9a69b1cb51162dd6085fce363f84456a@pseudo.borked.net>,
    > nobody@pseudo.borked.net says...
    >> That will make what you are doing UNDETECTABLE
    >> to the admins running the WiFi at St Pancras station,

    > No, it won't, they will be able to tell that you are using a VPN
    > connection and may well block those.

    Then there is the other solutiopn I already mentioned,
    that I am using, while covering the Olympics in China.
    You just install your own DHCP server on your own
    server elswhere, and then configure it to be open
    to any machine in the world. One guy might have
    called me a "troll" for mentioning that, but it does
    work.

    If you have any kind of broadband service with
    multiple IPs, this can be done. You just configure
    the network settings of whatever machine you are
    accessing the net from and enter the IP address
    in the field for machine to use an an Internet
    gateway, and then speficy your ISPs DNS server as the
    server to use as DNS lookup, then you just simply
    reboot the machine, and they next time you connect
    to the Net, you will be using your broadband ISP
    as the gateway. Since THEY are carrying the traffic,
    what you do will be INVISIBLE to the admins at
    St Pancras Station, or wherever you are.

    Because I am doing this, while in China to cover the
    Olympics, what I do on the Net will be INVISIBLE to the
    Chinese authorites, becuase it is MY server that carries
    all the trafficc, and acts as the gateway maching, instead
    of the local machines in China. My activities cannot be
    monitored or detected becuase of this.

    Our server is colocated in California, so I will appear to
    be in the United States, becuase when my server acts as
    the gateway, it fetches an IP from the available pool of
    IP address from my ISP, and releases that to me.

    Because of a proposed internet filtering regime in Australia
    we have alreadhy taken steps to avoid that by going through
    a server colocated in the United States. Becuase our server
    acts as a gateway and releases IPs to the machiens at our
    radio station, what we do will NOT BE DETECTED by anyone
    running the proposed filtering regime in Australia, should
    it become law. What I do with our servers, makes what I
    do on the Net UNDETECTABLE, no matter WHAT part of the
    world I travel to.

    Like I said, I got this idea from a chap I was chatting
    with in one of my chat rooms who does this. He uses an
    open DHCP he found in Thailand, and changed the network
    settings on his PC at work, so that it uses the DHCP on
    the gateway machine in Thailand to get an IP, and surfs
    the net that way. Becuase he is using the machine in
    Thailand to get an IP, instead of his workplace servers,
    his admins have no CLUE as to what he is up to, becuase
    his activities are undetectable. He bypasses filtering,
    monitoring, and all logging at the firewall.

  2. Re: Major International Transport Hub Censors Political Webs

    In article <38e06f4550f2d6764177a84769522be6@dizum.com>,
    nobody@dizum.com says...
    > Then there is the other solutiopn I already mentioned,
    > that I am using, while covering the Olympics in China.
    > You just install your own DHCP server on your own
    > server elswhere, and then configure it to be open
    > to any machine in the world. One guy might have
    > called me a "troll" for mentioning that, but it does
    > work.

    And a properly configured firewall would already be set to block
    anything like that.

    You sound like the old Chilly, always looking for a way to circumvent
    security, always failing to understand that it's easy to block that
    stuff in/on a properly secured network.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"