DHCP server - Firewalls

This is a discussion on DHCP server - Firewalls ; Being in China for the Olympics, I have found a way where my Intenret activities cannot be detected, analysed, monitored, cracked, or sniffed. I set up my own DHCP server elsewhere. This is an Australian radio station, with the servers ...

  1. DHCP server

    Being in China for the Olympics, I have found a way where my
    Intenret activities cannot be detected, analysed, monitored,
    cracked, or sniffed. I set up my own DHCP server elsewhere.

    This is an Australian radio station, with the servers at a
    colocation facility in California. I simply installed a DHCP
    program on the server, and made it open to any machine in the
    world.

    I just simply change the network settings to use my machine
    as the gateway machine. When I boot up, it goes to my
    server, and fetches an IP from the pool of a available IPs
    by my ISP. So I assume a U.S. IP address, even though I am
    in China. Because my server acts as the gateway machine to
    the server, instead of local servers, in China, my activities
    are INVISIBLE to the Chinese authorities, so I can use Skype
    to take calls on my online talk show, or surf some western
    news sites that are blocked by the Chinese authorites, and
    they will NEVER see it. Because my server acts as the
    gateway machine, and assigning and releasing an IP to
    the machine here in China, what I see and do is TOTALLY
    *INVISIBLE* to the Chinese authorites, and WITHOUT having
    to use encryption software, such as VPN (some programs I
    have barf on the VPN tunnel).

    I got the idea from a guy I was chatting with in Holland,
    who does a similar thing at work. He found an open DHCP
    server in Thailand, and simply changed the settings on his
    work PC, so that the open DHCP server in Holland assigns
    his work PC and IP, and acts as the gateway machine, and
    effectively makes his surfing INVISIBLE to the network
    admins. Becuase the open DHCP he found in Thailand acts
    as the Internet gateway, there is NOTHING logged at the
    workplace. Where is goes is only known to him, and whoever
    is running that open DHCP server in Thailand. All the
    logging, if any, is being done by the machine running the
    open DHCP server.

    All it takes is to go to network settings, and change the
    configuration for the gateway machine to the open DHCP
    server, and to change the DNS servers to the DNS servers
    of that machine's ISP. Then you just simply re-boot the
    machine, and you are good to go.

  2. Re: DHCP server

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > Being in China for the Olympics, I have found a way where my
    > Intenret activities cannot be detected, analysed, monitored,
    > cracked, or sniffed. I set up my own DHCP server elsewhere.
    >
    > This is an Australian radio station, with the servers at a
    > colocation facility in California. I simply installed a DHCP
    > program on the server, and made it open to any machine in the
    > world.
    >
    > I just simply change the network settings to use my machine
    > as the gateway machine. When I boot up, it goes to my
    > server, and fetches an IP from the pool of a available IPs
    > by my ISP. So I assume a U.S. IP address, even though I am
    > in China. Because my server acts as the gateway machine to
    > the server, instead of local servers, in China, my activities
    > are INVISIBLE to the Chinese authorities, so I can use Skype
    > to take calls on my online talk show, or surf some western
    > news sites that are blocked by the Chinese authorites, and
    > they will NEVER see it. Because my server acts as the
    > gateway machine, and assigning and releasing an IP to
    > the machine here in China, what I see and do is TOTALLY
    > *INVISIBLE* to the Chinese authorites, and WITHOUT having
    > to use encryption software, such as VPN (some programs I
    > have barf on the VPN tunnel).
    >
    > I got the idea from a guy I was chatting with in Holland,
    > who does a similar thing at work. He found an open DHCP
    > server in Thailand, and simply changed the settings on his
    > work PC, so that the open DHCP server in Holland assigns
    > his work PC and IP, and acts as the gateway machine, and
    > effectively makes his surfing INVISIBLE to the network
    > admins. Becuase the open DHCP he found in Thailand acts
    > as the Internet gateway, there is NOTHING logged at the
    > workplace. Where is goes is only known to him, and whoever
    > is running that open DHCP server in Thailand. All the
    > logging, if any, is being done by the machine running the
    > open DHCP server.
    >
    > All it takes is to go to network settings, and change the
    > configuration for the gateway machine to the open DHCP
    > server, and to change the DNS servers to the DNS servers
    > of that machine's ISP. Then you just simply re-boot the
    > machine, and you are good to go.

    Impressive.
    I bet the bandwidth and latency you got equals your server in the U.S as
    well?

    Erik

  3. Re: DHCP server

    Erik Dahle wrote:
    > Chilly spouted:

    [ the usual brainless nonsens ]

    > Impressive.
    > I bet the bandwidth and latency you got equals your server in the U.S
    > as well?

    Don't feed the troll. Thank you.

    cu
    59cobalt
    --Mark Russinovich

  4. Re: DHCP server

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > Being in China for the Olympics, I have found a way where my
    > Intenret activities cannot be detected, analysed, monitored,
    > cracked, or sniffed. I set up my own DHCP server elsewhere.
    >
    > This is an Australian radio station, with the servers at a
    > colocation facility in California. I simply installed a DHCP
    > program on the server, and made it open to any machine in the
    > world.
    >
    > I just simply change the network settings to use my machine
    > as the gateway machine. When I boot up, it goes to my
    > server, and fetches an IP from the pool of a available IPs
    > by my ISP. So I assume a U.S. IP address, even though I am
    > in China. Because my server acts as the gateway machine to
    > the server, instead of local servers, in China, my activities
    > are INVISIBLE to the Chinese authorities, so I can use Skype
    > to take calls on my online talk show, or surf some western
    > news sites that are blocked by the Chinese authorites, and
    > they will NEVER see it. Because my server acts as the
    > gateway machine, and assigning and releasing an IP to
    > the machine here in China, what I see and do is TOTALLY
    > *INVISIBLE* to the Chinese authorites, and WITHOUT having
    > to use encryption software, such as VPN (some programs I
    > have barf on the VPN tunnel).
    >
    > I got the idea from a guy I was chatting with in Holland,
    > who does a similar thing at work. He found an open DHCP
    > server in Thailand, and simply changed the settings on his
    > work PC, so that the open DHCP server in Holland assigns
    > his work PC and IP, and acts as the gateway machine, and
    > effectively makes his surfing INVISIBLE to the network
    > admins. Becuase the open DHCP he found in Thailand acts
    > as the Internet gateway, there is NOTHING logged at the
    > workplace. Where is goes is only known to him, and whoever
    > is running that open DHCP server in Thailand. All the
    > logging, if any, is being done by the machine running the
    > open DHCP server.
    >
    > All it takes is to go to network settings, and change the
    > configuration for the gateway machine to the open DHCP
    > server, and to change the DNS servers to the DNS servers
    > of that machine's ISP. Then you just simply re-boot the
    > machine, and you are good to go.

    CHILI!!!
    you idiot!!!

+ Reply to Thread