Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations - Firewalls ; Hello folks, Finding myself often in the position to explain security concepts to friends and family, I tried to find a way to create easy to understand presentations on the topic. So I made online security presentations with Google Docs ...

  1. Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations

    Hello folks,

    Finding myself often in the position to explain security concepts to
    friends and family, I tried to find a way to create easy to understand
    presentations on the topic.

    So I made online security presentations with Google Docs showing
    everything from how to secure a home system, to multi-factor
    authentication, encryption, social engineering, and advanced topics
    like XSS, IDS and SSL Certificate Hijacking.

    Check it out, any feedback is appreciated!

  2. Re: Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations

  3. Re: Looking for feedback on new Internet Security Presentations

    elfguy wrote:
    > URL is: http://elfguy.net/security.html

    The first step to good internet security is to keep your system patched.
    Not providing any services you don't want to be accessible from the
    outside is only the second step, and a shielding them with a firewall is
    only the second best solution compared to not running them in the first
    place.

    Another important step is to use a normal user account for your day to
    day work instead of an account with admin privileges, so that even if
    your account is compromised, it won't affect the system or other users.

    cu
    59cobalt
    --Mark Russinovich

+ Reply to Thread