Shoutcast Stream - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Shoutcast Stream - Firewalls ; I just added a Shoutcast server to my online radio station, and I am already seeing listeners tune in through all kinds of anonymity proxies, as well as direct connections from office networks all over the globe. Because my server ...

  1. Shoutcast Stream

    I just added a Shoutcast server to my online radio station,
    and I am already seeing listeners tune in through all kinds of
    anonymity proxies, as well as direct connections from office
    networks all over the globe. Because my server is not in any
    vendor's filtering list, other than the Bess proxy used in
    schools, the filters do not block it. Just plug in the
    IP address and port into Windows Media Player, and you are
    good to go. My Shoutcast stream is acessible from pretty
    much any workplace not using Bess or Sentian filtering
    products. All one has to do us just open Windows Media
    Player, plug in the URL, and they are good to go (WMA
    will play MP3 streams).

  2. Re: Shoutcast Stream

    Nomen Nescio wrote:
    > I just added a Shoutcast server to my online radio station,
    > and I am already seeing listeners tune in through all kinds of
    > anonymity proxies, as well as direct connections from office
    > networks all over the globe. Because my server is not in any
    > vendor's filtering list, other than the Bess proxy used in
    > schools, the filters do not block it. Just plug in the
    > IP address and port into Windows Media Player, and you are
    > good to go. My Shoutcast stream is acessible from pretty
    > much any workplace not using Bess or Sentian filtering
    > products. All one has to do us just open Windows Media
    > Player, plug in the URL, and they are good to go (WMA
    > will play MP3 streams).

    chili!
    lemme guess: figureskating?