New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista) - Firewalls

This is a discussion on New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista) - Firewalls ; Anyone try this?...

  1. New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista)

    Anyone try this?

  2. Re: New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista)

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:55:33 -0400, Gareth wrote:

    > Anyone try this?

    Educational reading:
    Managing the Windows Vista Firewall
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../cc510323.aspx

  3. Re: New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista)

    Kayman wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:55:33 -0400, Gareth wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone try this?

    > Educational reading:
    > Managing the Windows Vista Firewall
    > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../cc510323.aspx

    Thanks for the link - very informative. However, I do not use Vista.
    Don't like the OS. Way to GUI for my taste. I was just curious about
    what people think about Sunbelt's latest version. Seems like folks
    either detest it or really like it.

  4. Re: New Sunbelt Version (works with Vista)

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:11:31 -0400, Gareth wrote:

    > Kayman wrote:
    >> On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:55:33 -0400, Gareth wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone try this?

    >> Educational reading:
    >> Managing the Windows Vista Firewall
    >> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../cc510323.aspx

    > Thanks for the link - very informative. However, I do not use Vista.
    > Don't like the OS. Way to GUI for my taste. I was just curious about
    > what people think about Sunbelt's latest version. Seems like folks
    > either detest it or really like it.

    The link is also very informative for users of WinXP.

    Most resident experts in this n/g (I am *not* one of them) discourage the
    use of 3rd party software (so-called) firewall applications.

+ Reply to Thread