Re: Double Encryption!!! - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: Double Encryption!!! - Firewalls ; "Todd H." wrote in message news:84abgrqflg@news.giganews.com... > Anonymous writes: >> I just found out how one can DOUBLE encrypted any connection. >> Seems that someone was listening to my radio station and >> was in one chat room, who told ...

  1. Re: Double Encryption!!!

    "Todd H." wrote in message news:84abgrqflg@news.giganews.com...
    > Anonymous writes:
    >> I just found out how one can DOUBLE encrypted any connection.
    >> Seems that someone was listening to my radio station and
    >> was in one chat room, who told me how she does it. She makes
    >> a VPN connection to her home machine, then uses an encrypted
    >> anonymity service, in Holland, that adds an extra layer of
    >> encryption on top of that, creating two layers of
    >> encryption. She is a freelance reporter, and has decided
    >> not to obey the U.S. visa requirement that all foreign
    >> journalists (including freelance ones), get a J-visa,
    >> instead of a normal tourist visa. And by using this encrypted
    >> system, she can send her reports back to whatever newspaper
    >> or magazine she is freelancing for, and the United States
    >> Government will NEVER know what she is up to. With the two
    >> combined encryption schemes, Homeland Security would not
    >> be able to eavesdrop on what she is doing. So she can do
    >> news gathering, as a freelancer, in the United States,
    >> with the United States government ever getting wise to
    >> WHAT she is up to. And this encrypted service only costs
    >> US$24 per quarter. In short, she has a connection that
    >> cannot be monitored, analysed, cracked, or sniffed.
    >>
    >> She does not think that freelance journalists shuold have
    >> to get journalist visas in any country, so she uses that
    >> encrypted connection so the local authroties will never
    >> know what she is up to.
    >>
    >> I was IMPPRESSED and plan to use that when I go to China
    >> to cover the Olympics next month, and do a few sessions
    >> of my talk show when I am there. I will be able to use
    >> Skype, to take incoming calls(Skype is VERRBOTEN in China)
    >> , and there is no POSSIBLE way the Chinese authorities will
    >> be able to know what I am up to, with the double-layer of
    >> encryption. I would like to see the Chinese authorities try
    >> and break THAT. I will effectively be using an ubreakable
    >> encryption system that Chinese authorities will not be
    >> able to monitor.

    > Wowsers there radio station freako. That is FANTASTIC!
    >
    > Now what if your use of strong ENCRYPTION is detected and leads them
    > to you anyway and they jail you just on suspicion of wrongdoing
    > without being able to see what youre are doing specifically? It is
    > not WISE to break LAWS in foreign countries.

    I used encryption back in 2007, when covering the Winter
    Asian Games, in China, and the Chinese authorities never
    got wise to what I was up to. There was no POSSIBLE way
    they could have EVER found out I was using Skype to take
    calls to my talk show while I was there to cover the Winter
    Asian Games. A double encrypted encryption scheme like I
    will be using cannot be analysed, monitored, cracked, or
    sniffed.

    And this same method could be used from work to keep the
    boss from knowing what you are up to. I have seen many
    connections from this anonymity services netherlands-based
    servers. This company makes hiding your surfing activities,
    while at work, one of the selling points for its $24 per
    quarter service (equal to 8 dollars per month). Becuase of
    the heavy encrypted provided by the anonymity service, there
    is no POSSIBLE way for the boss to know.

    And since their SERVERS are in the Netherlands, all activities
    through the servers are ONLY subject to DUTCH laws, so
    anything through the severs are NOT SUBJECT to Chinese laws
    (for people like me that use it from China) and NOT SUBJECT
    to United States laws (for anyone in the U.S. using it from
    work). In short, the OWNERS of this set of servers are
    NOT SUBJECT to prosecution in either the United States or
    China.

    https://www.mixmaster.it

  2. Re: Double Encryption!!!

    George Orwell writes:

    > I used encryption back in 2007, when covering the Winter
    > Asian Games, in China, and the Chinese authorities never
    > got wise to what I was up to.

    How can you be certain of that? Or perhaps they just chose not to go
    after you in lieu of other things?

    > There was no POSSIBLE way they could have EVER found out I was using
    > Skype to take calls to my talk show while I was there to cover the
    > Winter Asian Games. A double encrypted encryption scheme like I will
    > be using cannot be analysed, monitored, cracked, or sniffed.

    Those are tall claims. Prove it. (hint: you can't)

    But you're missing a larger point as usual.

    While encryption is a fine way to try to hide your activities and it
    can be very effective at doing so or at least making the effort
    involved rather tall, you shouldn't kid yourself--encryption can also
    be a great way to attract attention. It doesn't take a genius to
    identify an encrypted data stream. It's quite easy and there
    automated tools to do so.

    So, don't be foolish enough to make the Yankee mistake of assuming the
    laws and justice system is the same when your butt is in a foreign
    country as it is when yer here.

    For instance, if use of encryption itself is illegal, they don't need
    to know what's going on in your encrypted tunnel to haul you in. I'll
    leave the investigation on the laws of encryption use in China as an
    exercise to the reader.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Double Encryption!!!

    George Orwell wrote in
    news:9bcf2fd60050d55c45d62ac035fa193b@mixmaster.it :

    > And since their SERVERS are in the Netherlands, all activities
    > through the servers are ONLY subject to DUTCH laws, so
    > anything through the severs are NOT SUBJECT to Chinese laws
    > (for people like me that use it from China) and NOT SUBJECT
    > to United States laws (for anyone in the U.S. using it from
    > work). In short, the OWNERS of this set of servers are
    > NOT SUBJECT to prosecution in either the United States or
    > China.

    Another terribly foolish statement. One is ALWAYS subject to
    the laws of the land in which they are at the moment. If you
    do something that is illegal in the country you commited the
    act in, it matters not if the servers are elsewhere.

    So, you know nothing about cryptography, nor the law.

    Brian
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

+ Reply to Thread