Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520 - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520 - Firewalls ; Saving the configuration to a TFTP server will make all the passwords appear...either hashed or in plain text. Copy that configuration to the new device, and all the passwords will transfer fine. ---- Jens Brey wrote: > Dear all, > ...

  1. Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520

    ---- Jens Brey wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > does anyone knews a way, to move the configuration from a Cisco ASA 5510
    > to 5520 without the need to set all passwords new?
    > I think the problem is the device internal salts which are used to crypt
    > all the passwords/pre-shared-keys.
    > Is there any possibilty to extract this salts and set them on the other
    > device?
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Jens

  2. Re: [fw-wiz] Move configuration from 5510 to 5520

    Dear all,

    thanks for the help. The TFTP way works
    With the cut&paste way i first tried i had problems (maybe some
    invisible characters from Dos to Linux conversion or something like this).

    Regards,
    Jens