Spyware Warning By Kaspersky - Firewalls

This is a discussion on Spyware Warning By Kaspersky - Firewalls ; Hi All I have recently changed a new branded computer. My system has a licensed Windows XP Professional and a Licensed Kaspersky 2008. The Firewall is set on the training mode and all other settings are as recommended by Kaspersky. ...

  1. Spyware Warning By Kaspersky

    Hi All

    I have recently changed a new branded computer. My system has a
    licensed Windows XP Professional and a Licensed Kaspersky 2008.

    The Firewall is set on the training mode and all other settings are as
    recommended by Kaspersky.

    I have been regularly getting warnings/notifications that an attack on
    your computer by "Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern" UDP 1434 has been
    blocked. When I trace the IP, most of these originate from China. This
    happens especially when I use MSN messenger.

    I chat with lot of my suppliers in China and online most of the time.

    Is my computer a target for setting up spyware or someone is trying to
    access it ? Do I need to take a preventive action for this ?

    Please suggest.

    Thanks in advance

    AK

    --
    need2learn
    need2learn's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51211

    http://forums.techarena.in

  2. Re: Spyware Warning By Kaspersky

    On Jun 15, 8:06 am, need2learn
    wrote:

    > I have recently changed a new branded computer. My system has a
    > licensed Windows XP Professional and a Licensed Kaspersky 2008.

    good

    > The Firewall is set on the training mode and all other settings are as
    > recommended by Kaspersky

    also good

    > I have been regularly getting warnings/notifications that an attack on
    > your computer by "Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern" UDP 1434 has been
    > blocked. When I trace the IP, most of these originate from China. This
    > happens especially when I use MSN messenger.

    blocked is a good thing

    > I chat with lot of my suppliers in China and online most of the time.
    >
    > Is my computer a target for setting up spyware or someone is trying to
    > access it ?

    Yes, everyone is a target at one time or another.

    > Do I need to take a preventive action for this ?

    It appears you already have.

  3. Re: Spyware Warning By Kaspersky

    In message need2learn
    wrote:

    >Do I need to take a preventive action for this ?

    Yes, you should configure your Kaspersky software to not harass you --
    The stuff to worry about is what your packet filter misses, not what it
    blocks.

  4. Re: Spyware Warning By Kaspersky

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:53:05 -0600, DevilsPGD
    wrote:

    >In message need2learn
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Do I need to take a preventive action for this ?

    >Yes, you should configure your Kaspersky software to not harass you --
    >The stuff to worry about is what your packet filter misses, not what it
    >blocks.

    Ack.

+ Reply to Thread